Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Floor repair panels

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jeffro, Jul 20, 2002.

1. jeffro

jeffro 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know if the floor repair panels available for the 67-72 trucks will work on the 72 blazer?

2. JoshA

JoshA 1/2 ton status

yes they will, I bought mine from chevy duty and they fit perfectly. very good quality.

3. lizard

lizard 1/2 ton status

Now here is something I can talk about since you could see the ground on both sides of my truck when I got it.

The floorboards work very well and will replace from the seam at the firewall and the front of the seat. There are panels to replace the area between the seat and the door. They fit well but you have to make slight mods at the rear of the cab. The front lower floor support works too.

Here are some pics of the job I did on my truck. Sorry can find the drivers side right now.. that is the side I had to replace the WHOLE panel (painted in black here)...

http://www.classicgm.com/floorboard/

Best of luck to ya!!!

4. KWMD

KWMD Newbie

Hey there,

I'm a new guy on this board, and this is right on time, because last weekend I stripped out the carpets and found my floor pans are about shot. I have a question about the replacement floor pans: I have seen the front ones in catalogs (LMC) so I have a pretty good idea what they cover. I am not sure how much a rear floorpan patch panel covers.

My concern here is there is extensive rot where the floor pan is humped up at the front seat attach point, and further back.

Can any one tell me how much one of these rear panels cover?

Thanks in advance.

5. lizard

lizard 1/2 ton status

The rears cover from the rocker panel and about 4" inward.

Sounds like you'll have to fabricate the rest.. Do like I did - when I replaced the rear wheel wells I used the old carcass to make panel for other parts of the truck..