Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Floor repair panels

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Dave, Aug 22, 2000.

1. Dave

Dave Registered Member

I am about ready to do some floor repair on both my truck (90 K-5) and my dad's truck ('87 K-5). I have read in a recent post by Bigmeats that JC Whitney has cheapened their metal. I live in Wisconsin, where we do use salt on the streets, so I don't really want to be doing this twice :)

Looking for the rear of the passenger area on the 90, and the cargo floor on the 87.

Where can I find these, besides JC Whitney?

Dave Hiller
    90 K-5
    "The Anti-SUV"

2. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

Just a small correction. I dont think i said the metal is getting cheep, I said that the price of the pans were one of the cheepest i found. The gauge of the metal was fine in my opinion. They went in somewhat easy, just a little cutting and pounding with a bfh.

I would buy them again with no problem.
    JC Whiyneys also covered more floor space them most.

Good luck, Carl....75 Blazer...ManhattanIL

3. DaveBlazer

DaveBlazer Registered Member

I just ordered some 3 days ago, still waiting on them. when I get them in I'll post on the quality and how the installation went.

4. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

JC Whitney has the entire rear cargo floor section, comes in two pieces. They use the same gauge metal as the original. They don't have the section behind the front seats. Cheyenne Pickup Parts (cheyennepickup.com) may have that area.