Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Floor Repair.

Discussion in 'New England Region' started by antta99, Feb 8, 2004.

1. antta99

antta99 Registered Member

I need floor repairs done on my 88 K5 Blazer any suggestions on a shop that does good work? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. tweek

tweek 1/2 ton status

just finishing up my floor repair /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gifand after seeing the work involved i would think twice about having a shop do the work /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gifjust way too much money for the labor, but then again what needs to be repaired /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

3. antta99

Some usual holes I gues Im new to these trucks. The floor under the passenger seat is cracked and in the back the corner of the footwell is rotted. Im probably not describing it right but I can get pictures.

4. antta99

Ill probably just try and fix it myself once warm weather gets here.

5. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    and after seeing the work involved i would think twice about having a shop do the work

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe, I got a shop to quote me $700 to replace my floors and replace my rockers. MAN were they pissed! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

(They kind of got back at me by cutting right through my subframe and not reparing it, then leaving beer cans all over the inside of my truck. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

6. tweek

tweek 1/2 ton status

silly body shops always leeping before looking /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifsorry to hear about hte cross member though /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif and the beer cans were they empty or full....... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

7. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

ha, all empty /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. tweek

tweek 1/2 ton status

well that /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gifi'd go back and complain..............................................................................................................................you could've hacked up your truck and drank all the beer and not spent a dime /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gifwhew, thats one expensive six pack /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

9. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

It cost me $650 to get my floors done in my '90 and they did a piss poor job. I'm going to be swapping a less rotted tub onto my '89 now and patch the rotted tailpan and floor myself. I'm thinking of going diamond plate for the floors if it's in my price range.

10. SickboySS

SickboySS 1/2 ton status

its easier to find a rust free tub or sutin with a blown motor in the south, i got an estimate of atleast $1500 and he didn't even see the truck

11. corradofreek

corradofreek 1/2 ton status

yeah, i wanna do the same, as my door isn't closing right anymore. i have a bunch of the parts already, who wants to help, as i have never done body stuff before. i have a welder and soon to have some nice garage space