Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Floor replacement and crossmembers?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigboy, Nov 26, 2005.

1. bigboy

bigboy Registered Member

Hi guys I am new to the K5 I bought it for cheap but it needs floors they are pretty soft not rusted thru yet but they are soft where the seats mount. I was thinking about doing dimond plate for the floors with no carpet and putting in new crossmembers and mounts for the body becasue they are almost non existent like really rusty and so are the sub frames. I need some help finding parts for cheap like the sub frame becasue I cant really do the floor without something to weld to. I also plan on doing a lot more to this truck. I plan on putting a 6" lift kit and 3" body with 35" x 12.5 tires and going to make a home made snorkle for it and am going to make some brush guards and a custom steel bumper for both front and back and am going to put two high powered lights on the back for backing up and also two high powered lights for the mirrors and 4 high powerd lights for the brush guard. I also plan on "rhino lining" the entire truck on the outside to which will not scratch, rust, or corode. I might get a soft top for the back but not sure yet becasue I do not really like the way they look and it would just get ripped. I am also putting in two racing bucket seats that will be about 2" higher than the stock seats because i do not like the way the stock seats set and I am gonna die the back seats a different color blue to match the front seats and the rest of the interior. Thanks jarrod

2. 3rdshiftdesign

3rdshiftdesign 1/2 ton status

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Search for posts by "JJLaughner" here. He is the diamond plate warrior and redid his floor in the stuff.

-- A

4. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

You might want to check out LMC Truck. They have tons of stuff for our trucks.
    www.lmctruck.com
    Have fun.

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Last edited: Nov 26, 2005