Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Floor shifter Q

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by southernspeed, Jan 22, 2004.

1. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm replacing my manual box with a TH350. Can anyone recommend a floor shifter? Anyone got one for sale that they'd be willing to send to England? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i would personally swap in an auto column and you could sell the manual column, especially if is tilt one, its not hard to do,

good luck

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    i would personally swap in an auto column and you could sell the manual column, especially if is tilt one, its not hard to do,

good luck

[/ QUOTE ]

Selling a GM colum in the UK is not going to be easy. Shipping it back to the US would be cost prohibitive.

I'd get a B&M Truck Mega Shifter. Jegs or Summit have to ship there.

4. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Thanks guys. It's a floor shift at the moment anyway. I've seen some auto floor shifters that are cable operated and some have a rod linking them like the Lockyear one that bolts to the box itself. I like the idea of a cable one as I could mount it where I like, but are cable ones any good? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Yeah cable is fine. Many GM cars came from the factory with cable operated shifter. The Truck mega shifter is a cable one. It just requires one hole about 3/4 of an inch in diameter and frou screw holes to be bolted down. The linkage is all bolt on to the tranny on the other end.

6. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I am running a B@M prostick. Cable operated. I like the solid shift gates. I got mine from EBAY for 50.00.