Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Floor Supports

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 79GMC-JimmyK5, Feb 10, 2002.

1. 79GMC-JimmyK5

79GMC-JimmyK5 Newbie

I have problems with the right and left floor supports in the front, the floor support that goes all the way through the middle, and the rear floor supports. They are all rusted out and need to be replaced! Does anyone know where to buy them? I really need them, I am worried about the body faling off the chassie. Any help would be appreciated.

2. k30gambi

k30gambi 1/2 ton status

JCwhitney or LMC, I'm doing mine right now. I dont know how my dad got subscribed to LMC but there's a lot of good sh!t in there.

3. 79GMC-JimmyK5

79GMC-JimmyK5 Newbie

What is LMC, Do they have website? JCwhitney only has the front floor supports. Are you dong all of yours or just the front?

4. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

If you're half way handy forget <a target="_blank" href=http://www.lmctruck.com> LMC </a>. Why replace the defective part with the same thing. Get some sheetmetal and some 1/8" box tubing. Pull up your carpet because your floor will be bad too, hence the sheetmetal. I just used that box tubing the was the same height as the original mount and worked it in. This way you have something very tough that wont rot out and no more worthless caged nut body mounts. I'd just drill a hole inside through the floor above the body mount hole and then drop a long bolt down it and a but on the other end to hold things down.

Granted I make no sense but what I'm saying is use heavy box tubing and grade 8 nuts and bolts to replace the original mount.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76>The Blazer Boy Page</a>

5. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

Yup, that's what I'm gonna do this summer. Mine aren't rotted out yet but it's only a matter of time living in western NY. I'd rather replace them with tubing now while I have good sheetmetal to work with.

Joe
    RIT Mini-Baja www.rit.edu/~bajawww
    Team Mudnuts www.mudnuts.org