Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Florence Rehash

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Hossbaby50, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

"Fellow Zonies,

We need to take this "Land Use" / Land Closure thing more seriously... If you like to wheel, we NEED your support to help contribute to the cause of keeping land open for us to wheel on. If you haven't picked up on it yet, THE MOST VISIBLE WAY TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT IS TO SHOW UP TO PUBLIC MEETINGS.

Myself and several other CK5'ers (along w/ a couple of Neighbors we drug in w/ us.... - Thanks Guys!:D ) attended a meeting on Saturday. At the beginning of the meeting the attendance was disappointing. Rob jumped on the phone and we started calling people.... Thanks to Shawn and Nate for showing up on such short notice.

BOTTOM LINE.....! WE NEED MORE ATTENDANCE AT THESE MEETINGS. If you care about having a place to drive your junk, you need to make time to show up...! Please don't misunderstand me..... Nobody hates being hounded/nagged about stuff more than I. But we all need to realize that expansion of the Population in the valley along w/ an increase in interest in RockCrawling has changed the rules by which we wheel. This will be an ongoing battle that we have to fight - and the best way to show and document our support is by attendance to meetings, cleanups, and volunteering for Trail "Mitigation".......

Huh....!?!?? :ears: Volunteering for what?

That's right.. I learned a new word yesterday....:p: As part of "negotiating" w/ BLM, it may be necessary in the near future to have "groups" volunteer to "adopt a trail" to perform "mitigation" efforts that will show BLM our interest in using/not abusing the trails. I'll have everybody here know that I "volunteered" the AZ CK5 group to take a pro-active position on this - and I plan to be the first one to raise my hand to volunteer for Woody's Wash.

The way I see it, some added effort by us as wheelers can help to keep these trails open - so let's step up to the plate and do something about it.

Who's w/ me...... :dunno: [no bullsh!t here.... don't talk if you won't back it up w/ actions]

Marv"

Please do NOT turn this thread into a free for all like happened last time. This needs to be seen and paid attention too. The only thing that needs to be said is "what can I do to help" and give ideas on how to help. No discussion on BS that doesn't matter and no tones. This needs to be a team effort with all hands on deck.

A group of people had a discussion tonight about ways to help with raise money & help fight our case tonight at Desert Rat. We are talking about setting up a Cleanup for Florence which may include possible raffle items for people who sign up & help. It was also discussed that a bank account may be set up to donate funds into to help with possible litigation fee's if this fight heads to court which is quite possible.

If you have any useful ideas or ways to help then post them up. If you are willing to donate time or money post it up. People need to be aware that this is not a good situation & that sooner or later this is going to need people in the field helping out & probably also money to help fight the fight. The people on the other side of this fight are motivated & have finances and if we can't stand up with large numbers of people & some funds to back us with we might as well call it quits. If we don't fight for Florence then they will walk over us & continue on to White Tanks, Table Mesa, and beyond.

Harley

2. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Harley is correct, we spend some quality time tonight brainstorming some ideas over the fight upcoming.

I think a local meeting is in order between CK5 people only to discuss some game plans and expand on some of the ideas already brought up on this post and others.

First and formost, let's set a meeting time somewhere where we can discuss/formulate/delegate and these ideas.

I am and have a direct dialog with the powers at ORBA/and the Colalition here in the Valley. I am acting as the delegate from our group, so I wll take the action plans/goals/ideas to these delegates and present them.

Can we set a meeting date and time and location.

I'm willing to use the US Door location if needed. Coffee, meeting room, loading dock to play on?

Ideas???

Rob

3. Rhinopkc

Rhinopkc 1/2 ton status

Like I said before, I can't make it that far to help with meetings, but I would be happy to throw some money into some sort of legal defense fund or something when you set it up. I figure if I don't help stop them there, they'll eventually make it to my neck of the woods. I'm also still interested in learning about the issues so I can start preparing for these types of battles in my area.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  4. Jason4x4

Jason4x4 1/2 ton status

Just let me know when and where for the meeting, my only problem is I work saturday's pretty hard to get out of it, so if the meeting could be on a sunday or after working hours during the week then I will definatly be there. I'll do anything I can to help.

5. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

rob you say when and where, ill plan on bringing 20-40 fire ex to be sold. more if needed.;)

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

You all have my phone number .

7. AZPiNsTrIpEd

AZPiNsTrIpEd 1/2 ton status

I'll be following this thread and others like it to find out a meeting time!!!

8. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

I'm too far away to make any meetings, but I'll be good for some $$ if needed. I want the trails accessible for the few precious days I get to spend in AZ during the year. If there's an account, please post or PM the info.

9. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

Same here!

10. NateInChandler

NateInChandler 1/2 ton status

Youguys know im in on this one,, have gone to both the meetings (That i know of) so far and im all in baby... Lets plan this out on a meeting so we can all get our heads in order and team up on them... They may have the money, but we have the man power and wits.. HAHA.. Nate:D

11. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Really quick update:

I'm involved now to the gills with this thing, It looks like I will be in the planning meetings with the BLM and G&F with ORBA and the colalition.

I will keep everyone updated.

Thanks,
    Rob\\