Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Florida K5 run * UPDATE and ANNOUNCEMENTS! *

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by Pure Insanity, Sep 22, 2001.

1. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

This post is just to see what kind of response I get to the idea. I have wanted to do this for a while, and Ive finally got my rig up and running soooooooooo, how bout it?

This can be a south east thing if theres enuff interst from other states. All we gotta do is try to find a central location to meet, where it will be in the middle of the area where yall are coming from.

The biggest thing I see at the moment is that its hunting season, and theres a lot of places that we could not go right now. I will try to contact Sun Coast Flat Landers to see where they go during hunting season.

I am thinking in late Oct. or early Nov. so let me know who all wants to come so I can attempt to find a central location. If anyone has a place they think will be good, post it w/ as much info as possible, so that I can look into it. Off the top of my head I can think of 2 places that might work, but I dont know if they hunt there or not.

1 place is Ocala Nat. forrest, I dont think they hunt there so thats prob the best bet. The 2nd is River Ranch in S.E.Polk county. They hunt there but it is 70,000 acres and Im not sure if they have a place set aside for hunting and a place set aside for riding or not. Ill have to check into both of these places to see if they are a feasible possibility.

I get all the exercise I need pushing my luck! [​IMG]<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by pureinsanity on 10/02/01 08:58 PM.</FONT></P>

2. flcpl4fn

flcpl4fn 1/2 ton status

Re: Florida K5 run

i am interested, but will know more as it gets closer.

'85 Jimmy in Jax, Fl

3. flblazer

flblazer 1/2 ton status

lets get goin on this trail ride man now you got the beast runnin all we need is to get tims little k5 up high right tim

can some 1 find me a ford i need to take a pee still peein on that ford just have to keep goin dam i can not stop pissin:) k5s kings

4. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

I'm all about it! I vote for Ocala Nat'l Forrest. I live about an hour away from there.

Poundin' the ol "pavment"!

5. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

there are a couple of events happening already in our area...

oct 5-7; truxpotour in daytona beach with an amateur off-road competition.
    oct 19-22; florida four wheel drive association is having its annual meeting and trail ride in ocala national forest. clubs from all over the state should be in attendance. oklawaha campgrounds is the meeting place.

but if you wanted to do an exclusive k5 run, i could be down for sometime in mid-november. ever been to withalacoochee national forest?
    floridak5@aol.com
    MTPockets

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/moneypit.shtml>http://coloradok5.com/moneypit.shtml</a>

6. Pure Insanity

I am the cut copy and paste KING! LOL! I have sent out the message to 25 plus people here. If you know someone that may be interested in going tell them to post it. If I have forgotten or missed anyone I am sorry.

As of right now, It is looking like Ocala Natl. Forrest, in late Oct early Nov.

I need to know a definate plan so I can contact the park to make arrangements to make sure we will be allowed in and check on camping possibly.

I would like this to be a "family friendly" meet so we can bring our munchkins.

In a week or so I would like to set a time to meet up online in a chat forum to discuss final plans to post so that it is a definate thing.

Check this thread often for updates, I dont wanna do the cut copy and paste thing again! LOL!

This will be a weekend meet and run, no sponsors, door prizes and such unless someone would like to volunteer to take care of that.

I have never attempted anything like this and any input and or help will be appreciated greatly. In other words I think Im in over my head here! LOL!

Thanks, and I hope to see a great turnout.

I get all the exercise I need pushing my luck! [​IMG]

7. bigblueblazer

bigblueblazer Registered Member

im all for a run and as far as flblazer goes im lower and have more traction to pull yer heap to the side of the road when it breaks so others can get by hahahahahahahahaha.... tim

if it dont smoke,guzzle gas or cost lots to fix it aint my chevy blazer.

8. Pure Insanity

As far as a K5 exclusive run......It might be. But anyone who has friends that wanna come along thats fine also. I know some people wont want to travel a long distance to wheel by themselves.

I would like to go to Ocala for the FL4WDA meet in Oct., but Im not sure I can make it, plus I have no membership w/ a club at this point so I dont think I could attend.

I have never been to Withlacoochee NF before.

If you have ever gone to any of the Suncoast runs at Richloam, you were near me. I live about 10-20 min. away from Richloam.

9. flblazer

flblazer 1/2 ton status

you need the tow not me i just run your little thing over an watch you sit there heheheheh you have to call paul to fix the motor after the things break lose you so low you be hung up the first trail

can some 1 find me a ford i need to take a pee still peein on that ford just have to keep goin dam i can not stop pissin:) k5s kings

10. Sub_Versive

Sub_Versive Registered Member

I'm in. Got some semi-bald tires right now, but the November date might give me enough time to get that fixed. It's a 'burb, but we can just pretend it's a long K5.

Jake Kooser
    Fort Lauderdale

11. Pure Insanity

RedDwarf and I have talked about it and decided that pushing it back a few more weeks would help some, including myself, That need some more time to get fully ready. This is happening on a real short time frame, so lowing down a notch is prob a good thing.

On a side note I spoke to another mamber today, that lives near me and he said he would like to go also. So the list grows.

Im still hoping to hear from the Ga. guys I sent the P/M to. C'mon guys by Nov it will be getting chilly up there, point it south and push the long skinny pedal! LOL!

12. Pure Insanity

BTW, I forgot to put this in my last post......RedDwarf has offered to help in the planning of this. Still could use someone that has experience w/ planning or at least attending group runs. Basicly this is like a day run w/ your buddies type thing. Thats all we know. But this will be a weekend ride.

To those coming from the south, let me know if you would like to meet somewhere and caravan up. I live in Dade City, Between I-75 and Hwy 301, about 30 miles north of Tampa. We could meet at the FlyingJ on I 75 and Hwy 52. I will be going up via 301 to avoid problems w/ State Troopers on the Int. But you never know I may take the Int. [​IMG]

13. Sub_Versive

Oh yeah, where the heck is Ocala Nat. park again? 'Scuse my Florida geography ignorance...

Jake

14. Pure Insanity

It is off of I 75 North of Tampa, South of Gainesville.

15. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

And East of Ocala :-D

Poundin' the ol "pavment"!

16. Sub_Versive

Probably drove past or through it dozens of times when I was doing Cell phone tower work in that area... LOL

Jake Kooser

17. Pure Insanity

If you have been north on 75 to G-ville you have been past it. Its about an hr north of Tampa and an hr south of G-ville.

18. Pure Insanity

-------------UPDATE---------------

I just got a reply from Steve, regarding some questions I asked, He does not mind this being called a CK5 run.

Thanks Uncle Steve! [​IMG]

Also I will be attepmting to do a run write up for CK5. So there is an added perk to attending, Having your name, rig and mug, in a home page write up.(provided I can pull off a write up) [​IMG]

19. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I am interested, its only 6 hours. I'll have to talk my brother into bringing his so we can caravan from NWF.
    I am thinking drive Friday, have fun Saturday, and drive home sunday morning.

Rob 85K5

<font color=orange>Bleedin' Chevy Orange</font color=orange>

20. flblazer

flblazer 1/2 ton status

hey i think we will have a big o cook at on friday an do some trail ridein that day an we hit the big stuff the next day let me know what i can bring your wife an mine can do the shopin we can meet every 1 at the rest stop then hit up there