Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

florida offroad spots?

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by MUD JUNKIE, Jul 22, 2002.

1. MUD JUNKIE

MUD JUNKIE 1/2 ton status

anyone from fla. who know of any offroad spots? ocala is ok but sucks in a fullsize! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

2. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I'm in Brooksville, about 30 miles North of Tampa. I wheel at Richloam, which is part of Withlacoochee forest. I havn't been to Ocala, but it's probably similiar.

3. MUD JUNKIE

where in richloam do you go?any offcamber stuff to flex on?

4. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I've only been once. Just got into offroading. Theres not too much offcamber stuff. I wish there was more, thats the type of offroading I like. We didn't go too far into Richloam when we went. We spent most of the day at Croom. We found a few decent offcamber stuff there. Richloam is probably pretty muddy now. My friend is familar with the area and says when the rains start is gets pretty muddy. Hopefully I'll be heading out there again to go explore some more trails. We went down a road called Blue Sink Rd. It's on the North side of Highway 50. It's more of a trail than a road, but I had no trouble fitting the Balzer back there.

5. MUD JUNKIE

i've been to croom before,but we got kicked out for driving on the trails,we almost got a free night in jail but i talked the ranger out of it.where did you go in croom?i think we were in the motorcycle area.if you like mud check these sites out www.chuckstrucks.net www.stroid.com

6. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Hey, I am north of Tampa also. Im in Dade City, not too far from FL84K5. Richloam has *some* off camber stuff but its way out there from what I have heard. But you have to cope w/ the mud to get ANYWHERE out there now that its raining again. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Ive only been there a few times. Check out Sun Coast Flat Landers. They have quite a few pics from Richloam. They are based out of St Pete I think also. Or maybe their mettings are over there. I dont recall. It was too far for me to attend, thats all I know. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Ive been to Croom at nite also. Forrest rangers dont seem to like seeing trucks out there at nite. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

7. MUD JUNKIE

yeh,i've been to there meeting before,i did'nt like it there mostly all jeeps,and they think they now everything.it must be a jeep thing....and i dont care /forums/images/icons/grin.gif but i can deal with mud,but the guys i ride with hate it.they'd like to stick to sand and pavement /forums/images/icons/confused.gif i think its time for new friends.

8. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, you were probably in the motorcycle area. They will really get on to you for taking trucks on the trails there. I used to ride my fourwheeler in the motorcycle area. We were in the part of Croom you get to by going on the other side of the interstate and turning on the road that lead to Silver lake campgrounds. Once PI gets his truck up we should all hookup and make a trip out to richloam. I was thinkig about checking out Flatlanders, but after reading your experiance, I might not.

9. Pure Insanity

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    but i can deal with mud,but the guys i ride with hate it.they'd like to stick to sand and pavement i think its time for new friends.

[/ QUOTE ] HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

One of the guys from here is a memeber of Sun Coast. I havent talked to him in a while but hes still listed as a memeber at Sun Coast. And MTPockets was a member for a while. But living in G-Ville was prob a haul and a half for the meetings.

I ahvent heard anything about upcoming trail rides but I have heard about a hole in B-Ville thats should be open this weekend I think. Its only open the 3rd weekend of the month. (is this the 3rd weekend? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif ) And it seems like everyone has been going out to HWY 33 in Lakeland boggin.

10. Pure Insanity

As long as you know your way around. The few times Ive been there it was the middle of the nite. I may be able to get a *guide* that has been there quite a bit. Its just scares me knowing Ill have to rely on him for directions. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

11. MUD JUNKIE

yer probally talking about battons right.ive been there a couple of times,i blew my tranny up last month and been out of wheels for a while,i have to get it rebuilt but i love to go wheeling soon,i just got some new tires so i have to check them out,see how they do.whos up for a ride soon.

12. Pure Insanity

Battons sounds familiar. Thats prob it. Im up for a ride but I wanted to get my new axles in 1st. I really dont want to get out in the middle nowhere and pop a 10 bolt. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

I REALLY need to get on the next phase. Plus I am planning on putting in a 1in. zero rate, new shackles, and installing the Hydro Boost I bought almost a year ago. HMMMM maybe get the crossover done at the same time. But I doubt Ill get that done when I tear it apart this time. Its hard to drive and build. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

Hows your rig set up Junkie?

13. MUD JUNKIE

I got a stock z71......no not really,ive got a 79'gmc pickup 350/350/205,dana44 front 8-lug and a 14-bolt rear,both 1 tire fire,but im going to lock them both with loc-rights.4"suspension lift (rough contry)and a 3"body lift made up of boat trailer wheels,you know so the boat rolls on the trailer,cheap,but effective.36/14.4/16.5 on/off road tires.they look like ground hawgs.both axles have 4.10's.i swaped in the axles about a month ago,it used to have a 44f,12bolt rear both 6 lug.the 12bolt was trashed the govlock posi was all funked up,and they had 3.07's so id love to see how the power feels,but i took out the tranny soon after i threw in the axles,and didnt get a chance to drive it.so now its eather rebuild it or find another for cheap,do you know of anyone who has one? ive got to do someother things to it before i get to drive the beast agian like,get the front driveshaft rebuilt,and get my new carb and intake on the engine,just small stuff.and not having a job means no money to spend,ive got the time....but no money /forums/images/icons/grin.gif but ill have it running and driving buy the end of august.you need any help up there in north county?

14. MUD JUNKIE

pureinsanity,i looked at you pics in your file,your parts truck is cool.how much lift did you have on it?

15. Pure Insanity

I have most of what youll need to lift your rig. I thought I had a buyer but I havent heard from him since last weekend, so I am starting to assume he doesnt want it. (rather sell it local anyway) Its the lift off the parts truck that you mentioned. LOL! Its 6in front springs in it w/ 3in front blocks, /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif SCARY! (The blocks went to the scrap pile. LOL!) and rear blocks. I wont have the rear Ubolts youll need tho. (Those are going into PI.) It also had a 3in body lift. (Also selling) /forums/images/icons/wink.gif 6 and 3 is what mine sits on. So youll be able to clear 38s.

I can relate to the no money, tons of time....no time, tons of money thing. Its a viscious circle. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif What do you do for a living? I had a friend stop by just last nite looking for people. The office is in St. Joe, but they work all over. He has been w/ the company forever it seems. They do flooring. Im not exactly sure what it is they do but I know they do epoxies and surfacing. Stuff like that.

16. MUD JUNKIE

i mostly do odd jobs around the neighborhood,i droped out of school 3 years ago an decided to go back,pretty strange being 21 and still in night school /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif i've worked in all kinds of off road shops,mostly jeep stuff,fabrication,aftermarket accessories,drivetrain stuff.not your average 21 yearold guy.so i've enrolled in school and plan on graduating in december.so the army has my ass right now /forums/images/icons/grin.gif as soon as i get out of school im off to boot camp.this will give me somthing to do for a while(4 years)it might be more.so im just doing small stuff to get some money,while in school.most places wont work around my classes.as for the lift my truck will fit 38"s with minor rubbing,full stuff.plus being a daily driver i dont want to go to high!! /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif ive had a 74'chevy on 42"s before with 8"springs and a 3"body lift that was about 2 years ago.to big to drive everyday!!

17. Pure Insanity

I dont know of anything part time. Actually the only job I know of at the moment is that flooring job.

Army....been there done that. LOL! I blew my back out while in basic and they sent me home. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif I was pissed. I got flown across the country, had my head shaved, and stuck w/ tons of needles just to get sent home?!?! /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

If your talking about the 6 and 3 and 38s, take a look at my pics. There are some of PI twisted up. I had the sway bar hooked up in the pics, but it was flexed pretty good. May have rubbed if the wheels were turned. Also in there is pics of PI1. It had 11 inches and 40s in those pics. It grew 6 more inches after those were taken for a grand total of 17 inches. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif It would have cleared 44s but I never got them for it. Oh and it was my daily driver. HEHE! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif I need to find some pics of it set up like that. The only ones I have found so far is pics of it in the backround.

18. MUD JUNKIE

damn,thats gotta suck what happened to ya,hope thant dont happen to me.how did you do it?

19. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

PI, any problems with 38s as a daily driver? Im thinking of going the 6+3 way possibly when I do my suspension next. Suspensions next on my list now that the engine is done. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

20. Pure Insanity

I was in a car accident about 14 months before I went. My wife was driving and we rolled her truck. I was wearing a belt, she wasnt. (This was before we started dating) The last thing I remember seeing was we were gonna hit the ditch square on, so I grabbed her threw her in my lap and doubled over her. Its actually a good thing we rolled, cuz I would have crushed my skull on the dash. That woulda left a mark. LOL! I remember seeing the roof at one point but thats about all I really remember about the roll. Needless to say I toasted my back. It was in my records that it happened but they never checked it. When I got there I started to bulk up and my lower back wasnt strong enough to carry my upper body. I started having all sorts of problems. When I went to the hospital for Xrays the doc asked how I ever made it past the MEPS Center. Told me I never should have been taken. LOL! I fought it and did all the execises they wanted and stretches. Problem was it just made me heavier, which in turn made me worse. GRRRRR! After 6 weeks of them trying to send me home, I gave up. When I got out and started loosing some of the bulk I felt much better. I am bigger now than I was when I was in, but I am all around bigger and it came on more gradual, so it wasnt like piling on a bunch of weight real fast, like what happened when I was in. The only reason they were able to boot me the way they did is because the injury itself happened before I was enlisted. So they sent me out on an EPTS. (Existing Prior To Service)