Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Florida Police Shot Suspected Cop Killer 68 Times

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by grimjaw, Oct 2, 2006.

1. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

LAKELAND, Fla. — Officers fired 110 rounds of ammunition at the man suspected of killing a sheriff's deputy, killing the suspect, according to an autopsy released by the sheriff's office.
    Angilo Freeland — who was suspected of fatally shooting the deputy after being pulled over for speeding Thursday — was hit 68 times by the SWAT team members' shots, the examination released Saturday showed.
    He also was suspected of wounding a deputy and killing a police dog.
    Freeland's death ended a nearly 24-hour manhunt that forced schools to lock down and families to stay indoors as about 500 officers scoured the woods.

MORE

Ok, guys we need a LITTLE fire discipline here....

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Personally, I like the quote in this article, http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15012086/

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well, at least he's honest.

If I had a full mag, and this A-hole who had just shots 2 cops and a police dog jumped up with a gun in the woods, I would pull the trigger until my finger hurt......

4. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Other than costing the department a little extra on ammunition I don't see a problem.

If they ever want to promote they need to work on their fiscal management skills so they can stay within the allotted budget for ammo and gun cleaning supplies.

He has been rehabilitated. I can guarantee he will not re-offend.

5. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

Oh, do not get me wrong! I have ZERO problem with shooting the idiot, but there are plenty of 'people' in Florida they need to spread that ammo around to. How many child molester/killers will go unserviced due to the over use of ammo?

In a perfect world we would throw a guy like this in to a Brush Shredder ....feet first.

6. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Some might call it overkill, I call it good judgement. They made abso-fscking-lutely sure that he would not shoot back, and when the call has been made for an officer(s) to take a life, the better not merely wound him.

If it's a financial problem, hopefully they'd come out about it because I (and I'm sure many others) would personally buy 110 rounds of whatever they shot him with and donate it to their police force.

Buuuut.... I'm doubting it's a financial problem. Hell, 10 officer's payroll and administrationn costs during the 5-10 seconds those rounds were going off was more expensive than the 110 rounds themselves.

Sounds to me like it's a media-over-dramatizing-the-perceived-over-use-of-lethal-force problem

7. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

That happened like 15 miles from my dads house. He said they had the choppers with portable suns and **** like that up all night. I agree whole heartedly with what they did. Cop Killers ****in piss me off.

Ira

8. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

I chuckled at it. Cops not only diong their best to make sure he didn't return fire, but also makin' sure there wasn't much of a body afterwards. Loved it. :D

9. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

110 shots and only 68 hits not a good average but not bad

10. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Try hitting a moving target in the woods.

11. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear it. Anyone who kills a law enforcement officer deserves to pay the price.

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I'm sure it wasn't long before he was being very still!!!:D

13. chevy wrangler

chevy wrangler 1/2 ton status

hey did you all hear about the crazy mo fo in Pa that killed girls in a school, he shoot them in the head and left his wife a suicide note and then killed him self!!! that guy was freaking nuts!!!!

14. Desert Rat

No, I think he kept twitching, hence the barrage.......:haha:

15. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

1. Pretty good hit ratio when compared to other incidents.

2. This is a dangerous job. Sometimes we think about the wholesome view of it about us capturing them and bringing them to justice. That's the idealistic view. The real world view is this guy has already ambushed and EXECUTED one brother officer, killed his partner (the dog) and ambushed and injured the other deputy. That has already developed a mindset among the pursuing officers going into the woods after the guy. If the suspect doesn't do everything possible to give up and makes even the tiniest wrong move, then he is toast. The suspect made his bed and he laid in it.

The only feelings of sorrow I have is for the partners, the friends, the family and the department of the deceased deputy........................

16. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Like we all should. I know I do.

17. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

As much as I am sure thet most PO's are well trained, I'm sure theres a panic aspect to it as well, and they just unloaded.

Good for them.

18. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

Job well done. Now, where do I send the replacement ammo?

19. Desert Rat

Certainly the adrenalin is flowing like a beer keg at a frat party, but that doesn't always preclude officers from reverting to their training. The most basic of concepts in a shooting is to stop shooting when you are absolutely sure the threat is gone. In this case, maybe the guy fell on a gopher hole and Mr. Gopher kept trying to get out...............:whistle:

20. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

desecration of a dudes body isn't the kind of thing I would tend to support...

Is there any question that the guy no longer posed a threat once he had been hit 20 times and was on the ground no longer moving? Last time I checked, cops used force to "stop the threat". Clearly the above example is outside police policy. Family lawyers are probably gonna have a field day and eventually get paid to go away and retire.

I liked to hose the **** out of stuff when I was in the grunts, but well trained people don't blast away just for kicks. Ask any spec-ops guy who has been in the ****.

j