Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flow Tech headers??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Storm24m, May 16, 2002.

1. Storm24m

Storm24m 1/2 ton status

Anyone ever hear of these or have them? They came with the blazer when I bought it (uninstalled) I was just curious about their quality and if they are worth installing. They look sorta cheesy.

2. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I have them and they work just fine for me. They are made by Holley and if you want to check out more info on them go here.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/FlwTech2.html>FlowTech</a>
    Unlike some other Chesey headers, they don't hit the shackels.
    BTW, If you don't want them, let me know.

3. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

I'm running a set of the flow tech's on one k5, and hooker super comp's on the other. paid a little over $300 for the hookers (no ceramic coating), and under $200 for the flow tech's with ceramic coating.

if I had it to do all over again I'd go with the flow tech's - hookers a great, but I don't think they extra cost is worth it. the flowtech's are wearing like iron, and really don't have any problems.

one warning - the flow tech's will not allow you to run a full size oil filter with the factory oil cooler if you have one. I just got replacing the engine in Darth Blazer because a factory cooler line broke, and so I don't care about that little issue.

4. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

I have the ceramic flowtechs. they look and work very nice, nice thick flanges (I think 1/4") My one problem/ complaint is that the passenger side collector hits my bottom shackle bolt /forums/images/icons/frown.gif . I think longer shackles will fix this, but it shouldnt be that close. IF they are just the painted steel ones they may not have the thicker steel and flanges.

5. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

my hooker supper comp's hit the bolt of the shackle on the right side with the longer entended shackes - had to cut it off &amp; grind a touch. on a stock suspension (hand had 3-4" of lift before I put it back to stock) I have had no problems with the flow techs' hitting the shackles.

6. blazerboy72

blazerboy72 1/2 ton status

i had the asme problem with the shackle bolt. i just took it out and turned arround so the head of the bolt was on the inside

7. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

I did that too, but the head still hits. kinda too close for comfort. oh well

8. HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic 1/2 ton status

i have the flow techs and ive ran them for about 5 yrs now and have had no prob. i have the flowtechs with 2.5 inch pipes on 40 series flowmasters with dumps and it sound great and the performance is there

9. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I've got the ceramic coated ones too and I love em. My drivers side collector rubs on one of the spring clamps at full stuff but I think thats because my engine mounts are totally shot so the engine is pretty much down on the frame. Once the new mounts go in it should be fine.

The headers made it through a NY winter without ANY signs of rust what so ever so I'm impressed. (I wish I could say the same for the rest of the truck!) /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif