Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flowmaster 2-chamber noise?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by AJMBLAZER, May 21, 2000.

1. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

I am going to replace the Gibson muffler on my truck with a Flowmaster. I like the Gibson's improved performance, and it's held up well this last year, but I detest it's lack of any noise. So I found a place that will install a Car Sounds 3" hiflow cat and a Flowmaster 40 series 2-chamber for about $250. I know they are loud, but I was wondering how loud they are in a Blazer? I want to scare the SUV driving yuppies, but be able to hear my music and my girlfriend. Yes, I said hear my girlfriend. Anyone use the Deltaflow 40-series? I've heard they reduce the interior sound levels a good amount, but make it too quiet outside. Thanks

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Gibson, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I've got stock manifolds--straight pipe---2 chamber Flowmasters--tailpipes. Its just a perfect medium between glasspacks and 3 chambers. Since you have a cat, and only a single exhaust, I'm sure it would be quite a bit quieter than mine. And I love the way mine sounds. If you're scared get the Delta one, but I think the 3 chamber one would be too quiet. I ran dual 3 chamber Flowmasters on a Jeep with a VERY hi-po 401. They were perfect for that, but for a basic 350, I'd stay with the 2 chamber.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

I'm going with the 2 chamber, I finally found a place that'll do my whole system wich is run pipes from the headers all the way behind the rear tires with 21/2" pipes and two Flowmaster 40 series for $175 plus tax that's the best deal I've found all over my city good luck with your choice.

LOVE MY GREEN GIANT!!!

4. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I have dual 40 series non-deltaflow on my Blazer. They are quiet. You can barely hear the engine while idling. When you floor it, there you have a nice, powerful roar, not an annoying loud sound though if that's what you're looking for.

<font color=black>//////
    What the heck!...Drive it like gas is $0.50/gal!!!
    </font color=black>[​IMG]

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I have 2 chambers duals no cats. My only complaint is they droan like hell and get quite tiresome on long trips. Maybe I'm getting old hehehe. I'm going to put cats back on it and they did take it down a few notches last time they were on. The seemed to take the harsness out but still had that flowmaster sound.
    I have heard the Delta's and while they sound good, they don't sound like Flowmasters and are much more quiet. I may be putting a Delta on my car soon also. The 2 chamber is going to be just more than this old man can stand :)

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper

6. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Chaka, I'm in SoCal too, just wondering where you are?

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Gibson, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's

7. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

you will love it, I have that exact system and it is on the verge of being to loud

89 w/DANA 60-Corp 14 w/5:13s n Detroit's. 4"lift 2" body. NEW AtlassII ordered 5-15-00. 38" sx's -