Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flowmaster and Delta Flow

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Eric, Nov 2, 2000.

1. Eric

Eric Registered Member

Thinking of swapping out my Flowmaster 40 series with the Delta Flow 40 series. Standard 40 series is just too loud. Anybody try the Delta Flow? Is the sound level reasonable?

One eyed super fly- watch out!
    86 K5 Blazer

2. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

Yeah i run series 40 w/delta flow and sounds are good but i haven't heard or ran regular series 40's so i have nothing to compare too

<font color=orange>SMP</font color=orange>

3. jay web

jay web Registered Member

I run regular 40 series on my 85 k5. (2 1/2 inch pipes, no cats) It is pretty loud - bearable most of the time. I just installed the delta flow 40's on my 69 camaro- no comparison. The deltas are MUCH quieter. I would definately reccomend them over the regular 40 series. Just my opinion.

4. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

I have a 3" in/out 40 series Delta Flow on my truck, along with a 3" in/out high flow cat, and it sounds REALLY nice. Got that deep Flowmaster rumble, and sounds almost the same outside. Inside, sounds really good. Definately quieter than the standard Flowmasters. The DF's are also supposed to flow better than the standard Flow's, so that should be a little better for performance.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's[​IMG]

5. shum1

shum1 1/2 ton status

How do you choose between all the different flowmasters? Sounds like the 40 w/ DF are great. They suggested the 70 series for me. I'm not sure why.

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I called FLowmaster and asked them about htis Delta Flow crap. He said the Delta flow muffler is designed to have the same outside sound as the regular Flowmaster, but reduce the "in cab" sound a resonance. He said the loudness outside the vehicle should be the same.

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

7. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Go to the Flowmaster website. They explain the sound levels of each one.
    Just a word of caution, their techs seem to always err on the quiet side when they recommend mufflers. They told me a 50 series as loud as I wanted to go with my Blazer. I got a 40 series Delta Flow and it sounds GREAT!

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's[​IMG]