Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flowmaster cat back ?'s on 3/4 ton Burb

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wayne, Jun 2, 2004.

1. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Flowmaster cat back ?\'s on 3/4 ton Burb

I plan to replace the exhaust on my Burb in the near future and was planning a high flow cat and a Flowmaster cat back single 3" system. It is pretty much what I have on my K5. Anyhow I spoke with Flowmaster today but got no real answers. What I have is an 87 3/4 ton 2wd Burb with a tbi454 and looking on Flowmasters site they only list a 3" cat back for a 88 to 91 3/4 ton Burb with a 5.7 (350) engine. Does anybody know if this will work on my 87 big block? Looking at the pic on the Flowmaster site it looks like it will work and the muffler is the 50 series big block muffler which the guy at Flowmaster reccommended to me if I was going to have the pipe bent. I know a single 3" system is plenty for a stock big block and have no intentionsof buying duels for it.

2. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Re: Flowmaster cat back ?\'s on 3/4 ton Burb

Check Summit, I dont see it in the current catalog but I thought I saw one in the Catalog I keep in the downstairs library when I was looking for one for mine. I'll take a look later and see if it was in there or not.

3. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I have a 4x4 '90 Sub with a 350. I just went to the exhaust shop and they had everything you're talking about right on the shelf. I think it cost me $100 for a high flow cat and $200 more for a 3 chamber Flowmaster with mandrel bent pipe to the rear. All three inch.

4. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Wayne, I'm in the process of moving so I packed up my Flowmaster catalog that I keep by my PC at home, I'll check my catalog when I get into work tomorrow and if it does not designate I will give my Flowmaster Rep a call and ask him /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

I ran that on my '90 'Burb....IIRC, the main differences in the choices were which side the exhaust ran down, and whether or not the cat was slip fit or bolt on....

6. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I have already been on the phone with Flowmaster and that was pretty useless. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Also there is no place close to me that can mandrel bend 3" which is not a big deal but I would rather just do it myself if possible because I am probably going to be doing the Edelbrock headers at the same time. I only found one listing for Burbs in this body style and it listed 88 to 91 and a 5.7 and nothing for the 7.4.