Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flowmaster Delta flow 50's ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5DRAGER, Mar 4, 2002.

1. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Flowmaster Delta flow 50\'s ?

I'm about to redo my exhaust and was wondering if anyone has ran these or heard them. Are they loud... not to loud, do they sound good? I've ran flowmasters before but am not to familiar with these delta's. Thanks for any info, facts, or opinions.

2. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Re: Flowmaster Delta flow 50\'s ?

They are VERY quiet. A delta flow 40 series is about as quiet as the old 50 series. The 40 series Delta Flow, I'd say is perfect.

3. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I have a 40 series delta flow, 3" in 3" out and I love the way it sounds. When I talked to Flowmaster before I got it, they said it was the replacement for the regular 40 series street muffler. I like the sound of mine because I like to hear it inside the cab a bit, but not a lot. Its not too terribly loud outside but has a nice "growl" to it. At certain parts of the powerband it sounds like a Z28, which is what I wanted, something a little different than just a "truck" sounding muffler. I have had it about it about a year (I think) and all my friends are jealous. From what Flowmaster told me the 50 series delta flow is a little more tame in the interior resonance and exterior resonance, than the 40 series delta flow. Hope this helps.
    Ross

4. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the input guys.

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

You'll get a similar sound if you go with Dynomax Super Turbos. I think they cost less, too.

6. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i am running the old skool 2 chaber flows and you can't hear them over my tires /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

7. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

I run the Dynomax turbo's and they are nice but a little tame for me,I would like to switch to a little louder series and wonder just how loud the 40 series flow's are, as for cab noise the Max's you can't hardly hear....unless you really throttle it, driving there really not noticable....good luck

8. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I just put a set on when I put in my headers and I love em. You can't really hear them at all in the cab under 2000 rpms but when you get on it they sound sweet! I was at my club's monthly meeting tonight and a bunch of the guys haven't seen my truck in a while so I wound it out to 5 grand for them. It quickly turned into an exhaust sound off!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif The only rig I lost to was a built 350 with glass packs clamped straight to the headers, then small turn down's on the glass packs... that was LOUD!!

The 50's are great if you do a lot of highway driving and don't wanna listen to the exhaust all the time, but it sounds great driving around town or when you go to pass someone. They really open up above 2500 rpms. I just wish they weren't so darn expensive!!