Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flowmaster Dual 50 series w/instalation $$$$??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MudbogAD, Jun 11, 2002.

1. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

Do any of you guys have true dual flowmaster 50 series mufflers without cats installed on your guy's k5's. If so, how much $$$ did you guys pay for instalation and parts. Any help would be appreciated because I'm tired of my turbos. I want some real sound commin outta my truck. Thanks. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I did my own install, I spent $180 on the 3 chamber mufflers, $36 on the crossover kit (Summit), $50 for the tubing and I had a local muffler shop do some bends (free because I know the owner)and I MIG welded everything!

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

$200 installed from manifold to the tail on the lady's 79 with 40's LOUD AS HELL WITH NO CATS. YOU HAVE TO YELL ALL THE TIME. Not so bad with the cats back on. I hammered the muffler shop when they tried to screw me on the price of the mufflers. At the time Jegs had them for about $55 each. Very few bends on a K5. Guy had the whole system bent, tacked and hung in about an hour. Took another 30 minutes to do the finsh welding. I need to add a cross over but not a good place to do it with the cats. I would have to go after the cats.

4. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

If I could get mine done from the headers and back for 250 or less I might get it done this month /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif . Thanks for the replies. I just wanted to see how much money I was getting myself into. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

so my dad's exhaust finally convinced ya, huh adam? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif i know, i can't wait to get rid of my sh!tty exhaust either! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

6. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

I've always liked the 50's but hearing your dad's did help because I've never heard them from inside before.

7. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

The 40`s fit nice under the K5`s, but they are much LOUDER than the 50`s. I have about 4 bends, going out under the rear quarter panels with exhaust tips (the exhaust tips really capture noise)(I have the bowtie shaped ones), I can hear my motor rev. When I first installed the exhaust, I didn`t have a crossover pipe and I my tail pipe went out the side under the rockers, I couldn`t hear myself think, the more tubing I added the quieter it got!