Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flowmaster Exhaust for a Tahoe??

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by chevelless502, Nov 8, 2002.

1. chevelless502

chevelless502 Registered Member

I have a 1999 Tahoe old body style and am thinking of a flowmaster cat back system I want it to be alittle louder than stock but not obnoixious. I am thinking of the force II system, does anyone have any feelings on this? Thanks,
    Andy

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I put the Force II system on my wife's '94 Suburban. It gave it a nice rumble, but nothing obnoxious. The only time I don't care too much for it is on a long trip. Cruising at 80 for hours on end it starts to be a bit much. I took the barn doors apart and lined them with some closed cell foam to try to tone it down some, but we haven't been on a long road trip since then, so I don't know if it will help or not.

The kit installed VERY easily. Everything fit and lined up perfectly! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. chevelless502

chevelless502 Registered Member

Did you have to cut anything or did it just bolt right on behind the converter? I wouldlike to be able to put factory exhaust back on if need be or if I trade it off. Thanks for the reply.
    Andy

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

You don't have to cut anything. It was the easiest exhaust work that I've ever done! It bolts to the back of the cat and uses the factory hangers. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif The factory exhaust on ours was wasted, so I cut it behind the muffler to make it easier to remove. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

5. zgc93

zgc93 Newbie

I have the force II on my 93 ext. cab, but I have it without a converter, and it is very loud and can become annouying on the nice days with the windows down. My opinion is that it's nice but leave the cat in it. <font color="red"> </font color>

6. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I have a Flowmaster cat-back on my Yukon. Don't know what kind, it was on it when I bought the truck. It sounds good, but the interior resonance it terrible. I'm thinking of going with a cheap glasspack, at least it'll rumble then instead of hum.

7. scotty1

scotty1 1/2 ton status

I had the Flowmaster cat back put on my 97 in conjunction with a GMS cold air system and headers. The FM sound is perfect not too loud but nice rummmmmble. The system is easy to install and is Al coated for corrosion resistance. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif