Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flowmaster Exhaust

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Swanson52, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Is anyone using the Flowmaster exhaust kit manufactured for 73-87 trucks? I see it is sold in 2 parts, upstream of the mufflers, and the tailpipe kit. Opinions? Thanks.

2. 91k5NC

91k5NC 1/2 ton status

in stead of buying a kit, get ride of cat's and replace with duels all the way back, 2 chamber 40 series sound reaaaal! good thats what i have.

3. Supergas

Supergas 1/2 ton status

The only problem is that the Cats are federally mandated and in most states you cannot get a legal inspection sticker without them....In Texas the fine is substantial also... In addition, the cat does not cost you hardly any HP and no torque loss at the RPM a 4WD engine runs... If that is your concern, use a Random Technologies Cat...

4. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

It does not have cats now, nor are they required in Nebraska (no emissions testing here). I was just looking for a complete, quality system that is available for me to assemble. No good exhaust shops in my area, but I have access to a welder so I would be able to put together something that came in a 'kit' form. The Flowmaster kit looks good, they make quality stuff...just wondering if anyone had it and how it fit, ground clearance, etc.