Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flowmaster Force II exhaust kit

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by scott87, Jul 3, 2002.

1. scott87

scott87 Registered Member

Anyone with a 4" shackle flip put this exhaust kit in? If so, how is the clearance with the tailpipe included in the kit? Did you have to modify it a little, or did it fit nice and neat around the rear shackle?

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">I don't have a shackle flip, but I run this exhaust on my 89 and the tailpipe wraps around the rear bracket. However, my tailpipe was not flanged to fit over the muffler so I had to make a 3" coupler pipe which is probably why it would clear a flip

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

It will not clear the flip. I have it on my 89 and when I did the flip I had to run it out the back.

4. scott87

scott87 Registered Member

I had a feeling that was the case. Thanks for the info.

5. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

Not so fast /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ! I have this on my '87 K5 with shackle flip and although it did not clear at first (the exhaust system was installed before the lift), it was easily modified to work. The system requires welding when you first assemble it, so you can just "twist" them into place accordingly. My finished product left the pipes about 3/8'' away from the front side of the shackle flip bracket and it doesn't interfere with the shackle itself at all.