Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

flowmaster force II exhaust

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by scott87, Nov 2, 2001.

1. scott87

scott87 Registered Member

i've seen a post on this before, but i couldn't find it. does anyone run the flowmaster force II cat back system on a later model k5, like my 87? if so, what are your opinions about it.

2. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

I have that exact system on my 87 Jimmy. I also joined it with a high flow cat at the same time so I can't tell you about performance gains with just the muffler and tailpipe. But with both, man o man, my truck is totally different. As for the sound of the force 2 system, it rocks also. Mellow at idle. but when you punch it, it really roars. I love it. around town it is lowder becuase you are on and off the throttle more, but on the highway in OD, you can barely hear it, so you don't become deaf, don't need to yell to talk. I think the stsyem is totally worth the money. Well, I hope I helped you in your decision. While you are at it, I would seriously buy a hi flow cat, the orig is the most restrictive piece of junk I've ever seen in my life. do yourself a favor and get rid of it.
    ben 87 Jimmy
    <font color=blue>Rust=Bad</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com>www.bens87toy.alloffroad.com</a>

P.S. I also gained about 1.5-2 MPG with this system also.

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I just installed a Force II cat back system on my wife's 94 Suburban last night. It's louder than stock, but certainly not obnoxious. At idle I couldn't even tell the difference from stock! Haven't driven it enough yet to tell if it will make any difference in performance, but it sure sounds better! [​IMG]

The factory system was literally falling apart, after 7 years and 100K miles. [​IMG] The Flowmaster system is VERY well made. The muffler is gargantuan and it, as well as the pipes, are made of much heavier steel than the stock stuff. I had the old system torn out and the new one installed in less than an hour. Everything fit perfectly! I'm a happy Flowmaster customer!

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

4. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I have it on my 89 and love it.[​IMG] I got it from Summit Racing along with a Catco High flow converter.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>