Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

flowmaster kits

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by thezentree, Dec 12, 2003.

1. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

does anyone sell a flowmaster force II 40 series DUAL kit for a 97 yukon? jegs has this muffler, but its single exit. or would it be cheaper just to buy the muffler i want and have an exhaust shop do it for me?

2. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

My supplier is telling me that is the only one available for your truck. I just called and asked them. I'd just get the muffler and have it custom bent, that's what I did on both my Yukon and my S-10 Blazer. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I buy the mufflers seperate then buy Flowmasters universal tailpipe kits. You can fab up any kind of exhaust you want with that...

4. thezentree

yea, my friend's dad is an awesome mechanic, so i may have him help me do it. ive seen a shitload of suburbans and tahoes/yukons around with duals, so i figured there has to be a kit. oh well, custom is always better than bolt on /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    yea, my friend's dad is an awesome mechanic,

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, had a "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" flashback going there. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. thezentree

lol, that movie was a little before my time. however, he is very skilled and does first rate work. kinda nice having a personal mechanic /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif yall should see some of the cars hes built. viper blue all-motor 69 nova that runs 11s. right now hes working on a chopped buick sedan and a 55 (i think) corvette. oh, and the 500hp S10... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

The force II kits are single exit only and do not come with a 40 series muffler. For a 40 series dual exit system you'll have to use an American Thunder series system. I installed a AT kit on a 93 K1500, and it was a PITA. You should be able to get the muffler in whatever configuration you want, check the flowmaster site for a P/N, then have a local muffler shop bend it up. The prices will be relatively close.

8. thezentree

well thats a good reason why i couldnt find a DE force II.....

i guess its a 50 series american thunder. driving 100 miles daily, i wanna be able to have a conversation without yelling... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif