Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

flowmaster on a Y

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by **b**, Aug 9, 2004.

1. **b**

**b** 1/2 ton status

Greatings all from the Green Mountains of Vermont. my relocation is complete. project Blazer is underway. I need to pull your brains for a moment... 87 350 injected. stock manifold. looking to fit a flowmaster cat back... what if any special items to i need to "order" to make this install/mod a success. i want to stay stock pipe out under driver rear... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

HOLY CRAP!!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

Where the hell have you been hiding, brother? It's nice to see your name gracing the pages of CK5 again, my friend. What have you been up to?

3. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

Flowmaster puts out a 3" cat-back kit that uses the factory hangars and exits in the stock location. It comes with all the hardware you need...I hope that's what you were asking /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. **b**

**b** 1/2 ton status

Thanks! nice to be remembered... right back at ya!
    living now in the Green mtn in Vermont wrenchin on ski lifts for a change of pace had enough of the city life.
    just got back on line... starting a little bondo project and then some flat black... flowmastershould sound sweet... I catch ya on another thread!

5. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I am running the Flowmaster cat back. It all bolts on and everything is included with it. I have had it now almost 3 years and love it.

6. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

I have the FM cat back as well. At first it sounded a little louder than stock, just enough to tell it had an exhaust. After removing the cat, however, MUCH BETTER!!!. To keep the cat, all you would need to do is pop out the little plug in the cat and let all the little beads fall out. Makes a big mess though . Just a thought if you wanted it to sound a little more aggressive. Check local laws before performing this mod /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif