Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flowmaster or not

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by scubastifler, Jul 15, 2003.

1. scubastifler

scubastifler Registered Member

I have a 2001 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab Z71 with a 5.3 V8.
    I just put on true duals with 2.25 inch piping with two flowmaster 40 series mufflers. But it sounds like [I love Jeeps]. Very quiet and raspy. My V6 with the same exhaust was louder.
    I want the loudest and deepest exhaust I can get What should i do?

Steve

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

you still have cats right? How many cats do those trucks have? I think its at least 2. Aren't they on the downpipe? I just redid my trucks exhaust and when I had the cat on it was real quiet, ripped that sucker off put on just a flowmaster 40 and wow thats loud. Open Y Pipe is only slightly louder and it sounds like crap compared to the flowmaster.

3. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Where do you have the end of the pipe at? Turndowns? Any tips at all? I have a 2001 1/2 GMC 2WD with a single in dual out 2 chamber 40 series. First I ran turn downs under the bed. Sounded really good, but gave me a headache because of the resonance (sp?) in the cab. So, I ran it out the back angles behind the tires with some 22 inch long 4 inch tips. Sounds quieter in the cab, but louder at the back. My muffler is 2 1/2 inch out by the way. If you want pics, lemme know.

Kris