Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flowmasters behind a 6.2

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Russell Keys, Jan 23, 2001.

1. Russell Keys

Russell Keys 1/2 ton status

I was just curious if anyone has put flowmasters behind a 6.2 diesel? Did they make a difference? What did they sound like? Just wondering-Russell

2. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

I'v wondered the same thing, asked at my local garage and he sugested first trying some shorter muflers. I dont see any reason we cant get a deeper rumble the same way a gas engine does..
    Maybe someone else will know.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com>http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com</A>

3. Glenn

Glenn Registered Member

I freind of mine put a good exhaust on his diesel truck. Nobody believed that it was a diesel when they heard it go by.

4. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I installed a pair of Rino brand mufflers (the shop told me they have a similar sound to Flowmasters on gas engines) and they sound really good behind the 6.2. I even had some people ask if I had swapped in a 350 engine in to it. Originally it also had some 3.5" by 12" long tips that made it sound even better, a real low rumble.

5. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

russ good question. I have a good buddy with flows on his 6.2 burban....It sounds less "tinny" than it would were it a gas motor. I opted for dynomax mufflers, 2.5 inlet and outlet. If you want a ballzy deep tone, like real deep go with the dynomax I prefer the deep rumble as opposed to high pitched flows. The compression of the diesel really makes it sound sweet...............js