Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flowmasters sound so much better than open header!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Mar 13, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Cops think so too :D Just put the new Copper Collector gaskets on my Burb. I forgot what it was suppossed to sound like! Sounds SO much better than that stupid open header noise I've been driving with for the past week. Fixed my throttle too so shes nice and smooth now. Sure some things sound great dumping out of headers to nothing(like my dads race motor) but yeah a mild 350 is so much better through Flowmasters.

2. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

yea when you have leaky collector gaskets and put new ones on it does sound SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo much better, then you start hearing new leaks, or at least i do

3. blackblazer717

blackblazer717 1/2 ton status

i no i just finished imstalling my headers and true duel w/o kats and a week latermy tranny blows appart.... any relation..... lol j/k i like the sound of single chamber flows not this two chamber stuff...

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

eh mine are 2 chambers on true dual. I had a single 3 chamber on my 95 Chevy that sounded awesome. The way it sounds depends on a lot of things, but those commercials are right about one thing, there is a Flowmaster signature sound.