Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flowmater 40 series vs. summit fully welded/flowtech afterburner

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by xnoahx, Apr 22, 2002.

1. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

I know what flowmasters sound like but I havent heard the summit fully welded mufflers and the very similar flowtech afterburner mufflers. I was wondering if they just sound like any other "turbo" muffler out there. I would rather spend $40 for each muffler than $60

2. Lotsa_Faith

Lotsa_Faith 1/2 ton status

I don't know about the Turbo mufflers, but let me make a suggestion if you like flowmasters. My friend used to have 40 series duals and 3.5" tips on his 5.3 Z71. he just got some flowmaster delta force race mufflers, and WHAT A DIFFERENCE! It sounds like a 40 while puttin around, just a little bit throatier, but when you punch it, you would think you were at nascar, its meaner than straights dumped at the cab...just a suggestion...

3. 1bad82k5

1bad82k5 1/2 ton status

I have afterburners. They are alright, but sound a lot like regular turbos. I just wish they were a deeper tone.

eric