Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

flowtech afterburner headers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 89Jimmy, Mar 19, 2000.

1. 89Jimmy

89Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I am looking to buy headers for my '89 350 tbi Jimmy. The ads for flowtech afterburners read pretty good. Is anyone on the board using afterburners on a small block? Mainly interested in if you could feel any drivability difference,and if you put them into a stock exhaust system or made up a new one. Thanks.
    John

2. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

3. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

89Jimmy,

Yeah, I run afterburners on my 75'K5. I just put a new GM350 crate in it. It bolted up perfect. The only thing different was that I think it was shorter than my old stock elcheapo headers that I had on it originally. I had to cut and weld in longer pipes to make it fit. But it drives much better. Maybe I feel the major difference b/c its a new engine and also my old headers had a hole in it, but either way I like it.
    Boss

4. KENT

KENT 1/2 ton status

Does anyone run these with manual transmision? The info I got said only for Auto trans. What's up with that?

Kent

1989 K5

5. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

The clutch linkage would probably interfere w/the installation on a manual transmission.