Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FLOWTECH "AFTERBURNER"

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by IDGMC, Mar 3, 2000.

1. IDGMC

IDGMC 1/2 ton status

FLOWTECH \"AFTERBURNER\"

I read somewhere that the afterburners are only for automatics is that true? Do they perform well?
    Does anyone make a new "Y" pipe for 80's blazer/truck?

2. Chrome Moly

Chrome Moly Registered Member

Re: FLOWTECH \"AFTERBURNER\"

I don't know if they only make them for automatics, but the problem I had with my header install was the slave cylinder's hydraulic line was right in the way of the header collector, and I'ved noticed alot of header Manufactors
    specify "NOT FOR MANUAL TRANSMISSION" and that might be the reason why. But like most of us K5 luv'ers I
    found a way around that problem, I ended up heating the steel line and bending it a little, and for my head pipe after the collector, I had my guy at the muffler shop put a flat edge right where that line hits to give my extra clearance. Hope this helps. '88 350 3-speed w/ granny low low

Chrome Moly
    <font color=green>Resistance is Futile</font color=green> [​IMG]

3. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Re: FLOWTECH \"AFTERBURNER\"

Don't know if you'll check back to this post, but, I run Afterburners on my 75' and it was a manual which got converted to auto(TH350). It fit well, but the only thing was it was about 5 inches shorter on passenger side and and a little more on the driverside. I had to weld in reducers and another pipe to make it attatch. Maybe my previous elcheapo headers were too long. Don't know, but they do perform really well. I love em.
    Boss