Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flowtech Afterburners

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MudFrog, Jul 6, 2000.

1. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I know some of ya'll use these. My question is, how good are they? They look like they would be sweet. Also does anyone run them on a late model K5? I'm interested in them but would like to know how many mods if any would be required to install them.

89 K5 Silverado

2. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

I'll tell you what I did to put them in. First, I don't have a late model Blazer, so I don't know if these headers will go in the same. Yours should have the Oxygen Sensor fitting spot. Well, first off, I had some really crappy headers on mine, holes in it everywhere. Anyways, the Afterburners were about 4-5" shorter than the old headers. So I had to weld in the reducer pipes that I bought separate(had to buy them anyway b/c of I had to reduce their 3" flange to my 2.5" pipes. Anyways, so that was the mods I had to do to get them in. They're definately great headers though. good luck. They sell the same kind from 73-91 Blazers.
    Boss

3. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I'm redoing my whole exhaust when I save the money for these headers, so hopefully I won't have too much trouble with them.

89 K5 Silverado