Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flowtech Afterburners

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by lifethroughdeath, Aug 28, 2003.

1. lifethroughdeath

lifethroughdeath 1/2 ton status

tomorrows the big day, lifting the truck and swapping the stock tired exhaust for a new free-flowing one!!! (applause) my question is that i know a lot of people have used the flowtechs, so did any of you have any problems with the alternator, did it require the flowtech bracket?? or does the stock one work?? thanks guys /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. lifethroughdeath

lifethroughdeath 1/2 ton status

forgot to mention that i have a 90'TBI w/ 700R4 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. BayouBlazer88

BayouBlazer88 1/2 ton status

I just switched to a serpentine setup and I didn't even install that bracket. I've got Edelbrock TES headers so it wouldn't fit anyway. and the alternator hasn't flown off yet. my $.02

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

The only bracket you might need is for your power steering or air conditioning, but you can make a spacer like I did and you'll be fine.

Flowtech Afterburners sound horrible in my opinion. My buddy had them on his '72 Impala...ugh, they were so bad it was disgusting. He finally got some Flowmasters.