Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flowtech Headers??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by UseYourBlinker, Jul 25, 2000.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Finally Eric has come back to the forum.....(I watch to must wrestling) anyways I recieved a new catalog from JcWhitney and on the last page they are selling flowtech headers for $85.99. Are things actually O.K.? or are they just an expensive pieces of crap? Just want some opinons.... thanx

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I've had Flo-tech headers on my Jimmy for 3 years now, the only problems I had are pretty common; header bolts backing out (no biggie if you check them once in a while) and collector gaskets. I finally used the "dead soft" aluminum gaskets. They are re-usable and they work. I've got a 4-speed truck and they bolted up no problem. I think they were a pretty good deal.
    Rene

3. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

I wouldn't say those $85 headers are expensive pieces of crap, but more like cheap pieces of crap. They are very thin. Use to have them on my K5, but was junk, so I got rid of them. I bought Flowtech Afterburners for $150. Now there is a good pair of headers.
    Boss