Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flowtech...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Confedneck, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

anyone use flowtech headers? i can get a set for 130 bucks brand new, long tubes, is it worth it??

2. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

I have a set! They sound pretty mean when they're open thats all I can say! Some people say that they aren't the best quality, I didn't have any problems with them and I don't need a super sweet header for a near stock 305.

3. Confedneck

im thinking about getting them and new exhaust on my near stock 350 for now since the stock manifolds are still there and the passenger side has the toilet valve still, talk about leak..

4. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

My brother has a set of those. They sounds great! And he hasnt had any problems with htem. BTW, did you know they are made by Holley??
    -Harrison

5. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

My Flowtechs sucked. I got the coated version, and they rusted through in 4 years....I didn't get to drive the truck much though....

On the other hand, the Hookers I had in a car, that didn't get driven much either, lasted 10 years with me, and they are still on the car now, with no problems 3 years later....

My .02 cents....

6. Confedneck

Re: Flowtech...UPDATE

decided to go with hedman hedders due to cost and ive heard more good about hedman than flowtech..hedmans are only 120 for the set...also going to buy some dynomax bullet race mufflers, 2.5" in/out 12" long 4" around..i think its gonna be kinda loud with side exits before the rear wheels...

7. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Re: Flowtech...UPDATE

Kind of loud! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif My brothers has flowtech headers, with cherry bomb mufflers bolted right to the headers, and they exit right below the doors. To say its kind of loud is an understatement. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    -Harrison