Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FLU vaccine info (shortage-MUST READ)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by js4x4, Oct 9, 2004.

1. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

there is a huge vaccine shortage due to a company losing an entire supply. I Highly recommend reading for recommendations on whether you should/should not get the shot...by not getting you could save someones life that needs it.
    FLU Vaccination info <font color="red">I say must read because its important for all of us and our families, hope you understand. </font>

2. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

dang, and i figured more people would wanna read about this...

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I started reading it, but it's saturday, so I'm just on the computer to drink my coffee, then play with the kids and work on the house...

THanks for the info, though, I will read it later.

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i never get my flu shot /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

never had a flu shot , prolly not gonna get one either. on a second note ; I heard that without the vaccine from britain, we will onlybe short about 20% less than what we need , evidently the plant that got shut down , it's prices were so high that the US goverment only bought 20%of it's supply from them, so thats all we are really short the report said the US media was blowing it way out of prportion, I don't know whether it is true or not but it sounds like something our media would do. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif nothing like scaring the hell out of the general public to sell a story and make themselves sound NEEDED! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

6. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Yep they canceled our flu shots at work, My wife will get one cause she has asthma. If I get the flu I'll just do like the devil docs say and take some Motrin and call you in the morning.

FYI we had a doc tell us once he guaged the size of the Motrin on the thickness and tabs on our medical records /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Only three reasons to visit the TMC you know... Tylenol, Motrin, and Crutches /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif OR at least that is the militarys 3 best cures /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

They even cancelled them at the hospitals for helath care workers, even though they are high risk.

This is serious. It's gonna be a hell of a flu season. A lot more old people and other high risk people are going to die. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

9. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

yea, if your not a kid or old save it for them.you don't need it you blanky blank. (i'm kidding) /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif