Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fluid all over power steering pump

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigjblazer, Nov 1, 2002.

1. bigjblazer

bigjblazer Registered Member

I just put 38's on my 75 k-10 about a week ago, and my power steering pump is whinin alot, and theres fluid all over it, and its startin to leak on the pitman arm. Is this normal, or am i runnin into a big problem. BTW, its still d44/12bolt, and i havent got the brace welded to the frame yet. thanks for any help

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

It's normal to hear the noise and see the fluid all over.
    It's like when you try and caryy that truck on your back you we would hear some weird noises and then see your guts all over. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Now seriously, you might get away with it on the street but I would really advise the brace at least, and maybe get your box rebuilt.
    Personnaly I would put a ram assist, but It's your choice, but no matter what you do, DO NOT GO ON A TRAIL like that, you can see the results if you click on my Rubicon Carnage link, and that's with 35".