Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fluid Capacities & New Distributor

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by akbound, Jul 8, 2004.

1. akbound

akbound 1/2 ton status

This weekend I will be changing out all the gear oil in my 76 Blazer. It has a 4 speed and stock axles. How much 90w do I need to buy?

I will also be installing this:

Chevrolet HEI Distributor
    Part Number: 5089080
    Manufacturer: Procomp Electronics

Brand new PRO BILLET Series 6061-T6 aluminum CNC machined for incredible strength. Sealed ball bearing and sintered bushing, hardened steel shaft for high RPM stability. Large cap designed for drag or circuit racing application, to minimize crossfire. A high output magnetic pickup and a precision machined reluctor send an accurate trigger signal to the procomp ignition control at all engine RPM.
    Chevy HEI electronic racing distributor with a 50,000 volt coil. This high-performance distributor produces a 50,000 volt spark through 7,500 RPM with true spark alignment for instantaneous response, a high performance curve, a premium cap with brass terminals, and a low-saturation ignition module. Both have die-cast aluminum housings, polished to a brilliant billet-look appearance. The base advance is 24 degrees. The vacuum is 12 degrees for a total of 36 degrees at 3500rpm's. The advance curve starts at 800 rpm.

Cost was $ 99.00/shipping. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

I am replacing all the external components of my engine in anticipation of a rebuild/crate this fall when the AK Permanent Fund checks come out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I would say get yourself two gallons and a quart jug to aid in filling.

I don't think you're going to gain anything at all by putting that distributor in your engine. A stock HEI is really a high quality piece of equipment.

3. akbound

akbound 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the lube info.

I'm not trying to gain anything. As a matter of fact I am trying to lose the hesitation and missing that I have over 3000 rpm. I have already replaced the plugs and wires. The engine and original distributor currently have 230,000 miles on them.

Intake and carb are next!