Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fluid retention

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rrent, Nov 10, 2002.

1. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

Spent the last couple of days getting my '72 to hold fluids. First were new tranny lines - the ones on the truck when I get it were 4" to 6" to short, someone had made extensions, these had at some point been converted to small pieces of rubber hose - which leaked in a big way. I got new ones from LMC - they also seemed to short, but before I broke out my flare kit and started making extensions - I did a little forceful fitting and got them (stretched) into place as they should. Next leaker was power steering box (yep, seals in the box were history). I installed a good used (I hope) steering box and new hoses.

Maybe now I can park on a driveway without leaving spots like an untrained puppy on the carpet.

2. yellowmoon

yellowmoon Registered Member

Aren't first gens sopposed to leak? Thought it was like the those SR71 jets, but instead of sealing up when it goes fast, thought it was when they got to bouncing? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

yellowmoon - I'm beginning to think you are right - still a drop or two coming off of the power steering pump. Nothing throwing a little more money at it won't cure.

4. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

try some power steering fluid with leak sealer in there.that fixed my steering box leak.now for the rest....i still gotta find them