Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fly-N-Hi Offroad Center

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by thatK30guy, May 14, 2001.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

How come nobody ever says anything about these shops in Arizona? Back in the 80's and 90's, these shops used to be the "rage" for the 4x4 scene. EVERYBODY was taking trucks to them to have them work, modify, etc. on them. Now, we have shops like ORD, ORU, etc. and not once since I have been on here as a member has ANYONE mentioned a word about Fly-N-Hi. What gives? Anybody living in Arizona and a member know much about these shops today? Just curious.

When In Doubt, Whip It Out!

2. FWP

FWP CRS

I do all my own work, but I was in a shop in PHX last week checkin it out. Looked ok, prices were a little high though.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://fwp4x4.coloradok5.com>http://fwp4x4.coloradok5.com</A>

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Yeah, every time I've gotten a quote from them (last time I lived here and had my 75 454 Blazer) they were considerably higher than everyone else. I think they let that "brand thing" go to their heads (and prices).

Bad Dog

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, NP205, D60/C14, 4.56 Locked
    Soon: 4" lift, 40" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

4. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

If i need something right away i'll buy from them...but i will never have them touch another truck of mine as long as i live ! There $10 hour flunkies do more harm than good. The guys down at there fab shop are an allright group though...at least two of them. just bought one of there L/S rear shock mount brackets. Installed it when the tank was down during the TBI swap...solid and should never break! 5 years ago i had them put on the original lift...forgot nuts on the body mount bolts....and 5 years later while the tank is down i found the right rear nut was crosstighted so they just buzzed it with an arc welder...quality work at my expense. So i never send anything out anymore....i just make the time and do it myself.

Azblazer

1979 K5 350 TBI
    1976 K5 Chalet
    If it ain't got arizona pinstriping.....you ain't wheelin the pee outa her!

5. 80blazer

80blazer Registered Member

I think these guys were popular because the rage was big lifted trucks and they knew how to swap springs. Their prices were ok on generic stuff but they did not carry very much hard parts. We use to call them Fly-N-Chrome. I havn't heard from them in a long time though. My nickle worth

Its time to lock them in!

6. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

Fly-N-Hi made me mad. THere was this kid from school who did not know jack about lifting trucks. He went to them and told them them he wanted to lift his solid axle toyota. Well they sold him 4" blocks all around with ubolts and shocks. They know better; and it just makes me mad, who knows who else they did that to. But i usually go the to desert rat just because they are so close to my house but they never ever have anything in stock and all they say is "we can order that have and have it in a couple of days". But i usually go to Off-Road Unlimited its a little farther drive but the guys know there stuff and are really helpful so i would much rather give my business to them.

[​IMG] [​IMG]