Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flyers for coloradok5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DUKE, Mar 26, 2002.

1. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

Ok, I am sick of seeing these nice blazers running around and not knowing about this place, so i am going to make up some flyers to put under their wipeblades. And maybe make some local friends. Anyway what would be some Key things to put on there, i.e. What would be a good advertisment for this site.
    coloradok5.com
    my name
    phone
    email
    ?
    ?

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Here is what I made up on my computer. I saw someone on here made them so I just used their idea and added the logo. I can print up 10 on a sheet and i just put them under the wiper. I just made these up last week so I haven't had any results yet.
    http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Estebans-album/aas

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Esteban's got the right idea.....The only thing I would do is change some of the wording so that it didn't sound like an "advertisement" for a commercial website (which might make people feel like your only objective is to SELL them something!) /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Emphasize the "community" aspect of it, and how there's always help and advice for K5-related questions.....Then just invite them to come take a look around.

Once the "addiction" takes hold......we can hit them up for the $$$$ ...... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

4. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

GREAT....so now I have to think of my own words to put in there. I hate it when i have to think this early in the morning./forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Now that I read it over again, you do have a point. Any ideas on ways to word it?

5. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

I think ample advertisement would be your username with a coloradok5.com sticker. if people are interested they'll see the web address & visit.

(and remember some of these mechanic types haven't gotten out of the dinosaur age yea, and they don't have computers... LOL /forums/images/icons/wink.gif)

6. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Once the "addiction" takes hold......we can hit them up for the $$$$ ......

<hr></blockquote>

Boy, the Mod bug sure has bit you /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

7. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

You all have a sweet idea here. I just got on thing to throw in the mix. What about all the Pickups and Burbs we got running around here. Might want to include them somehow in the advertisement. Just a thought.

8. Greg72

Maybe.......

Or perhaps it's just the thought of how awesome this site would be if it were financially "self-sustaining" for our fearless leader....Steve Fox.

Imagine if THIS site could be his full-time (and ONLY) job....instead of his second full-time job?
    <ul type="square">[*]Insanely fast connection speeds with zero downtime
    [*]Easily searchable archives with relevant matches
    [*]Comprehensive Technical Section with all the popular modifications documented with photos and text.
    [*]etc.
    [*]etc.
    [/list]

9. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

This is a killer idea. The appeal of this site, at least for me, is the all most instant response to technical questions and seeing how other people have solved problems. Not to mention trying to stay on top of the land issues. I'd suggest inviting them in and making it clear that this is not a sales pitch. It's just people with common interests that are able to help each other out.

10. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Here's what I put on Blazers I see .....

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/albums/RIZ/aah.sized.jpg>http://coloradok5.com/albums/RIZ/aah.sized.jpg</a>

11. Greg72

Riz has it.....! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

It's to the point, and friendly.......and thankfully, contains nothing about "monkeys" or "throwin' poo" to scare them off!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

12. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> I like it a lot ....... It's time to make another batch too ..... I'm down to my last 3 !

13. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

maybe we should just do a bulk purchase of the ck5 stickers and place them on vechicles. lol, if they hate it and scrape them off at least the name will be in front of them for awhile, nah, I like it I've been meaning to make some up for around here, I just plan on making it obvious I"m not advirtising for the site but that I"m a member and wanted to pass along the opportunity or somthing along that line. So it's not like a windshield advertisment that you get everytime you go to walmart.

14. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

yup...
    I saw riz's flyer a long time ago like 4 months ago and pretty much copied what his said. I've printed em up and put them on nice K/5's i see. I've probally put them on 8 trucks so far and I haven't seen anyone come to this site yet.