Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Flywheel(?) rattling

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90K5, Oct 9, 2001.

1. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

When I make a turn and am on the gas, sometimes I hear a rattling coming from the flywheel area under my truck. The reson I suspect it is the same thing happened to a frined's truck, and it was because the motor mounts were bad...does his seem reasonable? I know I can replace the mounts pretty easily, and they probably need it anyway after 150K, but is it possible the problem? I guess I could take it to the tranny shop that rebuilt the it though, they put a new one in, and could check it out I guess...opinions?

90K5

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Sounds like something under there could loose or just vibrating together.

Somebody on the board had a similar issue recently and it turned out to be the steel fuel lines vibrating against each other.

Ratch
    <a target="_blank" href=http://k5.8m.com>k5.8m.com</a>
    Welcome to America.

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Or the stock heat sheilds that go around your exhaust manifolds ??

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> BOW CHICKA BOW WOW !

4. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Do you have long(2WD) headers? When I got my truck, the front springs would torque the shackles into the collector for a metallic rattling sound.

Rob 85K5

<font color=orange>Bleedin' Chevy Orange</font color=orange>

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I checked under there for all that stuff, and it was all fine. Right turns are the only time it happens, and it really does seem to matter if I'm on the gas or not, and how fast I'm going.

90K5