Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

F'n FED X guy!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chevyfumes, Apr 5, 2002.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

F\'n FED X guy!!!!

Today the FED X guy shows up, so I go out to get my new Rancho 9000's from him and he says " your not gonna believe this" then goes on to explain how he showed up the day before and we werent home so in his infinate wisdom decides to drop them over my 6' fence on the side of my house( because thats were I go and look every day when expecting packages... NOT ) So after telling me he's just dropped my new shocks from 6' up he then goes on to tell me he hears a splash as they land in the kiddy pool that has flipped over in the wind and filled with rain water. Now apparently he had to hop the fence retreive the box and hop back over with what now seems to be a lump of cold mush, how do I know this you ask well he handed it to me (squish)!!!!/forums/images/icons/mad.gif The next delivery man that tells me" your not gonna believe this" is gonna get smacked. To top it all off the guy looked like a direct decendant of the japanese soldier that took all of the castaways from Gilligans Island hostage.( I have nothing agaist the Japanes) He was a perfect WW1 stereotype, beedy eyes, coke bottle glasses and buck teeth, so all I could do to keep from laughing was to take my pile of mush with a 9000 surprise stuffed somewere inside and walk away.../forums/images/icons/mad.gif/forums/images/icons/mad.gif/forums/images/icons/mad.gif
    End of rant

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: F\'n FED X guy!!!!

that sucks /forums/images/icons/frown.gif i think i would have smacked him anyway /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

3. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'd be going down to talk to his supervisor.../forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Mike.

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Report it!!!. He is not allowed just to "drop the package over a fence" it needs to be delvered to an individual or placed on a porch/step.
    Atleast he retrieved them instead of just leaving them in the pool. Because he is actually in charge of that package til you recieve it.
    But a phone call id due to the supervisor.

5. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

LMFAO... oh man... glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks FedEx is the biggest bunch of morons on the face of the earth. Must rejects of the USPS and UPS.

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I'm tellin' ya, I mean I was kinda pissed but couldn't get mad at the guy because he was so damn goofy lookin' and the only thing that got ruined were the stickers and I think Rancho will send me new ones. If that guy is that damn dumb he wont have a job much longer anyhow..../forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

7. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

I know were not always better, but stories like these are promising that we will get the volume back when our contract negotiations are complete that we've lost to these guys. I guess I shouldn't talk too loud. Some of my customers knicknamed me "Ace" after the pet detective guy. I should see if I could get my username changed to that here.

8. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Well at least your FedEx guy made it to your house.......my 2wd AGR STEERING BOX was supposed to be delivered yesterday, based off the tracking system they have in the computer........still no delivery today, and now the stupid tracking thing says Monday.

9. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Apparently my mailman has a long lost brother - my genius figured out that the box containing my Sawzall was too big to fit in the mailbox (DUH!), so he put it in the flowerbed behind the bushes - WHILE THE SPRINKLERS WERE ON!!! - his saving grace was the fact that the wife was home (maybe should've tried knocking??), and she went out to turn the sprinklers off right as he was leaving.

10. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I hate it when the guy DOESN'T drop it over my fence...No one is ever home when FED EX/UPS comes buy so I would never get my stuff.

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I ordered a scanner for the computer, and it was sent FED-X. It passed me 3 times befor getting here. I tracked it via the internet. It cam from Ca. went to ST. PAUL, to BOISE, to SOUIX FALLS, befor it finally made it here to RAPID CITY. It would have had to pass me on Interstate 90 each time. My house is 2 miles off I-90. FED-X should be known as FEED-UP !!!

12. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I really liked FEDEx's line "We can't find your house" the reason being why they had them for 4 weeks in general ( I also loved the fact if took my 45 minutes on the phone, 4 different idiots in different locations to find them, and then took 3 more attempts to "find" my house) And for the record... I live in the middle of the city! Less then 10 minutes from downtown Minneapolis. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

13. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> I feel your pain .........I've ordered some expensive stuff and had it delivered UPS with explicit instuctions to leave it at the back of the house on the deck, that way, if I'm not there it won't be in plain veiw from the road I live on. Well, I come home one day from work and there are 4 brand new tires on my FRONT step which is about 20 yards from the street ! Not too happy with it sinceI had to fill out and sign a form that said everything should be delivered to the back of the house on the deck !!!! It's just another caseof somebody not doing their job in America !!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I got that line from them when we lived in Kingman - "Your house isn't on the map". There's only 8 houses on the entire street, and all are marked with 3" brass numbers - how hard can it be???

15. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

I am glad I can get my stuff delivered at work. Plus, I can sneak away and drool over the new stuff.

16. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

I used to work at FedEx (not as a delivery person but loading the planes at the airport). All I have to say is if you send anything through FedEx, make sure the packaging is bullet proof, floats, and can withstand the pressure of being ran over by a freight tractor! Of course not all packages are treated that way but there are a few unlucky ones. And I'm sure all the other companies are the same way, a buncha tired workers that don't give a damn. And I agree, most of the people I worked with were idiots, and Ex Cons.

17. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I heard from a UPS guy that you should never mark a package FRAGILE, cause you are just asking to have it dropped a few times.

At least they were just shocks though, I mean they are water proof right? Imagine if it had been a new digital camera or something.

I wish they would just leave it on the step or by the garage, but they usually won't even deliver it unless someone is there.

18. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

And I'm sure all the other companies are the same way, a buncha tired workers that don't give a damn.

<hr></blockquote>
    LMAO, ain't that the truth. I am an ex fedex'er I loaded the trucks. Last one to touch the package til the driver handed it to ya. And yes we all get up at 3:00 am to load trucks and they wonder why things get lost or missed placed. the only thing the mind is made to do at that hour is DREAM.
    And when the belt would slow down when people got slammed with packages, things did get tossed. Your on a timeline and have to have so many packages loaded per minute.
    And yes they don't normaly drop a package off with no one home. reason is..FEDEX drivers own thier own trucks, and bought the route they deliver, so if a package is lost..guess who pays..the driver!!

19. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

It's not neccesarily that they get dropped a couple of times. I think most of us at UPS will try to take care of packages. Believe me, there is nothing more embarrasing than meeting a customer and handing them a mangled box of junk, especially when you see these same people everyday. Most damage occurs when these packages are run through miles of slides and conveyer belts and the part-time sweat shop employees making Burger KIng wages don't keep up causing jams and presses from packages upstream. The best bet to keeping stuff safe is to pack in sturdy packages and fill the volume of the box with paper of packing stuff. The vast majority of boxes arrive undamaged though there are those that don't. I personally have never tossed a package over a fence. We are actually responsible for the packages we deliver and I'm sorry for the bad experiences people have had with us. Now if I could only get them to paint the flames on my truck like the one in the ad. That would be cool.

tom

20. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I try to use UPS instead of Fed-X I just don't trust a guy in purple short's!