Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

foam rollers that come with the herculiner kit

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by xnoahx, Jan 4, 2003.

1. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

Anyone know where I can get more of the foam rollers that come with the herculiner kit from, i've looked around a little but havent had any luck. I want to do the cab area but it will take a while to do it with a brush.

2. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

i believe you can buy a kit at the auto parts store that is made by someone other than herculiner... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. boots

boots 1/2 ton status

most hardware stores have textured rollers for dry wall mud/painting, might try there, I've seen em from semi smooth all the way up to extra heavy texture. Just a thought

4. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

I believe any roller will do, you use it more like a broom than a roller! I just di the front of my wife's rig and that thing looks sweet! The back was done a long time ago! We might do the back again, bu man, that stuff is a pain to stir! I bought my can like 2 years ago on sale and I opened it yesterday! I must have pulled a quarter of the can out in one chunk! In my opinion, by it only when you're going to use it, and have plenty of xylene ready! PS. I used an industrial stirring rod to stir mine, without that, I would've been dead in the water!

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Don't use a foam roller the xylene will melt it....Ask me how I know..... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i got mine at home depot, but they only had the long ones. Bust out a cutting impliment and trim to desired size.

7. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

I just did mine (Durabak gray). Used a undercoat or "Shutz" gun. The problem was finding an empty Shutz container 'cause it just screws to the gun. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

I did the same thing as zakk. I had to get the longer one but I just busted out the good ol sawzall and cut it in half.

9. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Go to walmart and get the roller brush kit that is for the dupli-color bedliner kit. They are plentyful and work 100000 better than anything else out there. They work better than the foam roller that comes with the herculiner kit. Wal mart sells the tray and roller brush together for a cheap price.