Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fock "the system" here's to a good friend of mine.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jagged, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

So I'm finally home, after a long, teary-eyed night with a close friend of mine. He was involuntary discharged for 'undisclosed reasons.' I know the reasons, but they're entirely B.S. It's all heresay, but in light of the USAF downsizing, he gets demoted booted out. One of the best guys I've ever worked with and one of my close friends that I've made over the years. I told him I'll look him up and try to see him sometimes, but we both know... I'm never going to see him again. Here's to you, SrA Young... hopefully I'll at least be able to keep in touch with you.

BULL**** I SAY! You all have no idea how pissed I am at my commander for doing this.

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Well that sucks. Wish him well for us when ya talk to him again.

3. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Weeee I think I was a little drnk :D

4. gofergurl

gofergurl 1/2 ton status

I think that you were more than a little drunk, but at least you let your true feelings out.

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

yeah the military can kiss my ass... you couldnt pay me enough to join any of them...

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

That's nice:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

7. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

no, not really but its my honest opinion.

8. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Get used to it man it'll happen again I did 6yrs in the AF Alot of it good and alot of it was B.S. I seen alot of good hard working people get ****ed and bunch of asskissing worthless ****heads Make it all the way just do your job and stay out of trouble and count down the days till your enlistment is up and work on your truck to pass the time

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

So which way is it going to be?

Seriously, dropping down into Stupid Lake, swallowing a bunch of stupid water, coming back up and spitting it all out really ain't the way to go about things..........................

10. yellowK20

Ah hell bubba he just doesn't Know any better

11. seattle73k5

seattle73k5 1/2 ton status

I guess having your freedoms and having the choice to say what you have to say, and to do what you want to do with your life isn't worth $h!t. :rolleyes:

Because if it wasn't for all the Marines, soldiers, sailors and Airmen that have laid down their lives given up time with their families and have scars that will be with them for life ,if it wasn't for them you wouldn't have those freedoms.

All I ask is how much are those freedoms worth to you :confused: , just because you don't have the spine to step up and stand for what you believe in and what you have in life, is by no means a reason to belittle the services and those that serve and do just that. you should be thanking them.

Now don't get me wrong I applaud the fact that you have the legal right to voice your opinions and the balls to say what is on your mind :rolleyes: to bad those balls aren't big enough to stand and fight for those very rights if ever it was needed.

Now you go ahead and lay your head down and have yourself a nice long peacful sleep tonight, knowing that those servicemen and woman wearing the uniform are standing guard over you and every other tree hugging spineless liberal :screwy: who will never appreciate the lives lost for all the right's and freedoms you so enjoy in your day to day meaningless life.

Oh and so you know they don't do it for the money they do it for the pride of knowing that they are stepping up and doing exactly what people like you don't have the spine for, defending America :usaflag: and all those who feed off the services provided by the very military that you are asking to kiss your ass.

Screw you, I say you should be on your hands and knees :bow: kissing the ass of everyone that wears a uniform and thanking them for doing what they do.

Semper Fi

SSgt Game J.B
    United States Marine Corps
    Deployed TQ, IRAQ x3
    11 years served and DAMN PROUD OF IT ( so kiss my ass )

12. seattle73k5

seattle73k5 1/2 ton status

It will happen to the best I have seen it many times thru the years, it sucks but not much that can be done about it, just hope that he makes the best of things and keeps on in a positive direction.

And don't go making a big stink about things with your Command or things could get hard on you....it's all about politics keep your head down and your 6 covered and move on.

Semper Fi Flyboy.

13. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

I thought a lot before replying to this. You seem like a pretty down-to-earth guy, I think you said that intending it to mean something else than what it says. Now you've got quite a few people riled up :)

I'll let in you in on some tidbits here.

I haven't spent a holiday with my own family in years, so the few people I call friends here are my family. Luckily, I don't have a job like the Marines, or the Army, which poses great danger to mine and my friends' life. It's still a risky business (nothing like having an entire work area classified as a "fuel vapor area" and having to do some "sparkchasing"). I was a bit inebriated when I made my original post, but my feelings are still the same. James was one of my friends, a great guy to work with and would do anything you told him to. I'm thankful that he's alive yes (I'll admit it right now, I couldn't image what the Marines/Army guys go through), but he's still gone. There's more to the story than I'm letting on, but it's personal (read: Privacy Act) and I have no liberty to speak of it. Long story short is he got kicked out because of heresay. Meanwhile, like stated before... there's plenty of other ****head ****ers that the AF could do without that are still here for some reason.

Luckily for me the AF has treated me well so far, I've had a close call, but thanks to a good supervisor nothing major happened. It's what we like to call a "One-mistake Air Force." You make one mistake and you're gone. This is multiplied by mine and James' job. The work we do, other people's lives depend on it. If I so much as drop a nut and lose it, I get in trouble. How'd you like to spend a 12 hour day looking for a nut? Here's another good for instance. I was helping the Hydaulics shop rebuild a strut. That's right, a whole landing gear strut. We got it rebuilt, installed and ops checked. I saw the plane flying the next day, and you wonder... "I did everything I was supposed to? I read the book a dozen times before we started and followed every step!"

If there's a Safety of Flight issue, or a mishap, or even a crash... who's the first people to get ripped apart by an investigation team? The maintainers. I've been subject to one of them before, and never want to go through that again. Those people will make you second guess yourself on something as simple as closing a hatch!

I'm done before I go farther.

14. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Well, I keep my opinions about stuff like that to myself at work. Still doesn't mean I can't be pissed at the commander. I saw him the other day when I went into the chief's office for something.

"Mornin' Sir!"
    "How're you?"
    "Outstanding Sir"
    "Good."

I just love that fake crap.

15. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

HOOAAHH!:haha:

and X2! I dang sure could not have said it better.

16. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I love our armed forces and everything they do for us but I refuse to join because I dont agree with the way the government uses them.

17. yellowK20

that's cool But that's exactly what those boy's are doing over there is protecting your right to choose to enter the military some places don't give you that option

18. GotLabs

You have no idea.... I am glad people like you dont join.

19. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

well Im sorry if I offend you. I guess Im just a coward. dont really care for fighting but Im glad that someone is there to do it for me. at least I didnt say that I hate the military and everything that they do.

20. GotLabs

Yep,.............me to.