Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Focking Thieves

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k20, Jul 22, 2006.

1. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Well, had an interesting night last night. Worked on my 14ff putting on brakes, so I could try to put it in, well long story short, didnt even get 1 side of the brakes put on and the axle is taken apart behind my truck on jackstands. I go in about 930 dead tired, take a shower, go to sleep.

About 1am, the phone rings, neighbor says theres a car in front of my house, and someone standing in my driveway about to break in my truck. Phone wasnt even hung up, as Im goin out the door, I hit the light switch for all the outside lights. Im armed so no worry there. I see a big black guy takes off, of course, I wasnt prepared for a foot chase in a pair of boxers and no shoes, so he gets away. As Im standing there getting a description of him, approx height, weight, what hes wearing, white POS honda comes flyin around the corned and takes off, of course no lights, so I couldnt read the tag......

Cops showed up (neighbor called them right after she called me), tell em what we saw. They cruise the neighborhood, never saw em.

No damage to the truck or any other vehicles, thank God for good neighbors.

So yeh, since Im still in ultraparanoia stage, whats a good alarm system, heck, while Im at it, one that comes with keyless entry?

I know, long post for a quick question, but hey, gave me a good cardio workout in the middle of the night.

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I hate focking thieves too. Did they get anything or maybe just scoping it out?

3. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

One shot gun and sleep in the bed of the truck tonight. That is what I would do. but after last night they my not come back. At least you have a good neighbor.

4. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

I agree with this. My Cutlass got broke into at around 5am on a Saturday morning. They got my stereo that did play cd's :doah: (left the eq, radar detector and the remote to the stereo :doah::doah: ). They had also tried to get to my subs in the truck cause the lock was pryed on a little.

Replaced the window, got an alarm and parked where I could see it from my window. 5am on Sunday the alarm goes off and wakes me up. I never did see them (I had to come down from an upstairs apartment. The trunk lock was even more focked up from them trying to get into it again.

Moral of the story, sleep armed in the truck tonight with the windows down and shoot the bastard when he pops his head in the window. I hate focking theives. :angry1:

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Personally I think those infrared driveway warning systems are good. Won't work when your rig is out on the town, but it's something that could be used to allow you to get the jump on someone, or tie it into your house/outdoor lighting to trigger a visible deterrent.

Get a column guard so they can't steal the whole rig.

6. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Unhook battery. Hook fence charger up to truck. Wait for the screams.

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Get a noisy watch dog. And motion-detection lights.

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

best alarm system money can buy...

[​IMG]

followed up by the best emergency response system...

[​IMG]

Rott + 12ga is more than ANY car theif wants to deal with. :thumb: As an added bonus, its equally effective on home invasion types and such. :)

j

9. k2mslskier

k2mslskier 1/2 ton status

This is what I did after mine was stolen back in May. Plus I installed a Deluxe Center Console from Tuffyproducts which now houses my stereo plus a kill switch or two or three.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  10. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

at least you know where thay went next. to the store to buy t.p to clean up the mess in there paints from being spoted in the act. :D

11. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

I honestly would have shot at them...

12. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

The nice thing about Tx is you can......

13. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

I think if your in the city, they have to be inside your house, because of what you might hit if you miss.

14. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status

In an old Steve McQueen movie he carried a shot gun that shot a pillow/bag of kind that was a non-lethal responce weapon. Anyone know what it was and can I buy one?
    George

15. 78GMCJIMMY

78GMCJIMMY 1/2 ton status

I feel ya' buddy! I would give my left nut to catch one of the lil' SOB'S that have Broken into my 78' jimmy(3 Break ins in about 3 years, one per summer)! The first time they stole an old clarion disc player, but left the harness(got in thru wing window),The second time they smashed the wing and stole nothin'?, Last week They bent up the wing window frame?(Had a piece of plexi-glass for a wing window w/ no lock? Stupid Thieves! hahaha)_and then they smashed the passenger window in and stole my Salmon Rod, Fireworks in glovebox, and stole my case of Burned cd's plus took 5 cd's and smashed them in the drivewaY? wtf? IDIOTS! Anyway she get's parked in the garage now( had to clear out some space and sell some stuff!lol), Safe and sound! Later Guys

16. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Yeh the thought crossed my mind of shootin the bastard, but it was like well, hes 15yds away, houses all around, and the cop might ask why he has 6 bullets in his back......I swear officer, he was comin at me with a knife I pulled the gun and he turned around after I had already fired, bullets were just still on the way...No sir, those arent drag marks comin from a block away.

Bastard thieves.....

17. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

too noisy!..

Guns make too much noise!...I'd get a crossbow!!!:wink1:
    ..FFFffffffttttt!...THUD!!.. remove arrow--SCREW!...no more theif!..:D

We have a fair share of crackhead theives in our area too..anything not chained down or locked up dissapears..they are even stealing manhole covers and cashing them in for scrap!..one missing one caused many cars to pop tires, and get suspension damage recently!..:eek1: --now when I cash scrap in,I have to show my licence,give my adress and phone #,--it sucks that a few theives have to make all of us suffer!..

I refuse to let strangers in my shop when I'm selling anything now--too many others here have been robbed after they get a look at your tools or other stuff while "pretending" to be interested in whats for sale...and I chain up anything small or light enough for 2 guys to carry off in a pickup truck too,thats for sale near the road..never had to do that before..:mad:

I wish we could plug our trucks into a 220V outlet at night...THAT might discourage theives from touching it!...

I once wired a 110V extension cord to my radio antenna that got snapped off 3 times where I used to live!--I stripped one wire,wrapped it around the antenna--the other I soldered to a copper tube I pounded in the earth right next to the tire!--and kept it nice and wet there!..I heard a loud WHELP!!:eek1: one night later,and I never had antenna problems again!..:D

18. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You should not have turned the outside lights on. If you really wanted to catch them, you should have quitly snuck out the door in the dark. Then quitley walk up behind him, and and stick the barrell of your gun in his face. If they try to run...shoot em, and claim it was dark, and you thought he was going for a gun.

19. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Thats a real good why to get killed by one of his buddies...Its easy to say "do this" its alot harder to do it...

20. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Id say get a motion detector light...but instead of just those pansy lights they come with, hook it up to about 5 or 6 flood lights so it makes it like Daylight almost instantly, then snap a picture of his ass, he wont be back