Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fog Lights and the dumbf--people who use them...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Sep 12, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

So I was cruising home after a meal with my parents... I was stuffed full from a huge chicken and rice burrito and a glass of Pepsi...

I counted along the route home, of the people who had their lights on, NINE of them also had fog lights or driving lights... It wasn't like it was dark, it's not even that dark right now... And the streets are pretty well-lit... and it's not foggy... so WHY do these people INSIST on driving with the 20 million fog lights they have on their bumper (yellow and white alike) blazing darn near directly in my eyes... I could understand if they were on a highway that's not lit, or it was foggy, or both... but before the sun is completely down? in the middle of town? on a relatively clear evening?

I think I just figured it out... These people are special... If you have fog lights and drive around with them on, you're telling people, "Hey! Look at me! I'm part of the cool crowd! I have fog lights and I know where the switch is to use them, too!!!!!"

It's too bad they don't know how to aim the things... Just think if it was foggy out, their totally awesome fog lights (GOD I wish I had a couple hundred of those on my bumper so I could be cool!) would do more harm than good... But they probably still use them because they have to be cool and use them any chance they possibly get.

Well, I'm off to buy some 12" fog lamps to put on my bumper... and I'll be sure and aim them into the eyes of my fellow drivers and turn them on whenever I have my headlights on... Or better yet, I could be like the REALLY awesome folks in their Mustangs and stuff and put black lens covers on my Explorer and just use the fog lights instead of the headlights... Holy [darn], I'll be pickin up all kinds of chicks then!!!!!!!!!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifOkay, I'm done... But still very annoyed with the people described above... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I Agree......why do they also put 5" exhaust tips on a 1.8 Litre engine??? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

i must also concur, but why waste money on foglamps for an exploder?? just buy a gallon of gas and a lighter, much more light....just a thought though... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif now i KNOW you missed me..

4. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

im all for fog lights....for fog, lol

everyone here uysed them

but better yet, they will turn on their park lights, and use their high performance horse power increasing driving lights to see...

i figure one of two things...they want to show off the first thing theyve ever done to their truck by themselves...or the 500$ they just paid having them installed...

anyone know if you can get a military style switch that strobes? /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i have one of my spotlights pointed right into the oncoming lane just for this reason and for those dumb ass people who leave there brights on /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    i have one of my spotlights pointed right into the oncoming lane just for this reason and for those dumb ass people who leave there brights on /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Yeap, that's my plan also. One extreamly bright light for oncoming bright lighter !!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. chebywanna

chebywanna 1/2 ton status

thats what im paning on with the "taste of your own dumbness" light, but i wanna do it with like 20 of them "star light, star bright..." lol.
    personally i don't care if people have fog lights on as long as they are aimed right, if theyre too high they will do more damage than good in actual fog. same goes for all the rest of the lights, including broken lenses on back but bulb still working, you get ligned up right behind the guy and that stupid bolb is BRIGHT.

8. mudhog

i have 4 spotlights on the front of my blazer and 2 fog lights plus my brights lets just say if they leave there brights on me they cant see very well after they pass by me /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I counted along the route home, of the people who had their lights on, NINE of them also had fog lights or driving lights... ... so WHY do these people INSIST on driving with the 20 million fog lights they have on their bumper (yellow and white alike) blazing darn near directly in my eyes

[/ QUOTE ]

Fog lights are yellow driving lights are white........

[ QUOTE ]
    It wasn't like it was dark, it's not even that dark right now... And the streets are pretty well-lit... and it's not foggy...

[/ QUOTE ]

Driving lights are "day time running lights" on many cars...

Two of my vehicles have DRL's, and 1 of them has the driving lights as it's DRLs. The only way to turn them out is to turn on the headlights, which would probably piss people like you on, because they are brighter than the DRL's.....

oh where I could go with this post that I'm not going....

Brandy

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Don't want to start a new post... So I'm gonna use this one to add people who don't pull over for emergency vehicles... Today a fire truck had to pull out into the oncoming traffic because it couldn't get around the fawktards taking up both lanes, and coincidentally the turn lane... me and like 4 others on the road were the only ones I saw pulling over, and all but one of us was 2 lanes away /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Oh and people who don't stop for school busses either... I'm often the only one sitting 3 lanes away waiting for kids getting off the bus while people honk and speed around...
    Maybe it's just Cheyenne drivers... a lot of things that I see here I very rarely see in Colorado...

11. mudhog

nope its like that here also /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif i will also add that i hate the people who speed through the 20mph school zone /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif if I'm going to turn into the school i will pull in-front of oncoming speeding traffic and yell at them that its a school zone and to slow down after i have made them stop because they sure the hell arnt going to run right into my blazer and walk away /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Don't want to start a new post... So I'm gonna use this one to add people who don't pull over for emergency vehicles... Today a fire truck had to pull out into the oncoming traffic because it couldn't get around the fawktards taking up both lanes, and coincidentally the turn lane... me and like 4 others on the road were the only ones I saw pulling over, and all but one of us was 2 lanes away

[/ QUOTE ]

I will second that I work for as an ambulance mechanic and I have a hard enough time keeping them running with out idiots wrecking them. "I heard the sirens and saw the lights but I wanted to finish my turn" /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    or the guy that rearended one "I didnt think ambulances had to stop at red lights" /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

brad

13. got_mud

got_mud 1/2 ton status

yes, to all of the above.

fag lights, as we truck drivers call them, are generally useless and highly annoying. this includes white, yellow, dichroic and all other stock or aftermarket supplemental lighting. stock lights on superduties, nissan frontiers and xterras and damn near every mother f'ing mopar need to be recalled and replaced with a better designed lense. the new dodge rams are a pain in the ass to look at in oncoming traffic, but the xterra takes the nightblinding cake. if i were to actually rant about this subject, i would include topics like: the a holes that use their high beams to signal to me that i have clearance to change lanes; the a holes that refuse to dim their high beams even after five cars in a row flash their brights in response; the a holes that keep their high beams on until they are less than fifty feet off my back bumper; the a holes that use their high beams in the fog and crawl along at half the speed limit because now they can't see anything; the a holes that have a collection of fog lights and run all of them at the same time; the a holes that have either one or both of their low beams improperly adjusted; the a holes that don't know or don't care that they have no taillights; the a holes that don't know or don't care that the have no lighting on their trailers; and the remainder of the a holes i share the road with every night.

some facts for you viewing pleasure:

in all but two states (AAA doesn't say which two) operating a vehicle with more than the factory available forward facing lighting (numerically) is illegal. this is interpreted in the majority of states to allow the addition of aftermarket lighting in the position or purpose of "fog light" to a vehicle not having been equipped with them from the factory, but only when said lighting was a factory available option. in the state of kansas it is a stoppable offense (misdemeanor) to operate "more than two forward facing lights in the position of factory low driving beam and two additional lights appearing stock in nature or affixed to the lower side of the front bumper" when on the roadway where the possibility exists of meeting another vehicle, whether likewise in direction of travel or oncoming.

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh and people who don't stop for school busses either... I'm often the only one sitting 3 lanes away waiting for kids getting off the bus while people honk and speed around...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an automatic suspension of your license in Illinois.