Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

folks in georgia

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddin4fun, May 30, 2002.

1. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I'm looking for a phone number for a clock smith (or whatever they call someone who works on clocks) in the Macon area. Can anyone look in their phone book for me and list some numbers?

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Is that near Atlanta... if so PM Grim Lara....

So you are still there? How are things... I sent you an email... but dunno if you got it..... PM me if you need anything....

3. ChevyCaGal

Here's a quick search I did and what it got...

Yelverton Jewelers (dunno if it sent me here because of wrist watches?)
    198 S Houston Lake Rd # A
    Warner Robins, GA
    478-971-1600

Clocks ETC
    113 S Camellia Blvd
    Fort Valley, GA
    478-827-1111

At the very least maybe they can direct you to someone close to that area or know of a shop that can help you....

4. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Hmmm...I dunno. Bigdaddy (my grandpa) had a grandfather clock that my mom had given them. I've inherited it now and I need someone who works on grandfather clocks to pack it for shipping. Unless they're packed right, you can do a lot of damage to the clock. So, that's what I'm needing. It looks like ft valley is about 30 min away. I'd have to see if he'd be willing to drive that far (or find out what it costs for him /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif). Macon is a semi-decent sized town and I'm sure there's someone there who works on them in town. Getting ahold of my uncle Jimmy, who lives in Macon, is like pulling teeth. Otherwise, I'd just call him...

5. ChevyCaGal

It's hard to find good clock places... I have a clock that is from the 1880's that was my great grandma's.... nobody would touch it I took it too out of fear they'd get in there and find it was too much to fix. Finally found a place that was way across town... so it might not be that easy considering how big Sacramento is and I had issues locating someone.... good luck Lara....

6. GRINCH

GRINCH 1/2 ton status

Just moved from there. I still have a macon phone book and friends that stilllive there. Ft Valley is closer to Warner Robins than it is Macon. Let me know if you still need help.

PM me as I'm not on this board much.