Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Food donation drop off..Please read

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by gokartergo, Dec 11, 2002.

1. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

The original plan was to drop all the food off up in San Ramon on Dec. 16th and maybe get on the news. It was going to be me and Zakk dropping off everything and maybe a couple of other people.. Not sure who it was that was going to go. Now with Zakk leaving I have to do it all. I am going up to Zakk’s house tomorrow night Dec 12th and pick up the cash and some food that he has gotten. Then I am driving on Dec14th to Sac, Lodi and Escalon to pickup all their food donations. Then on Sunday Dec 15th I am going to go buy some food with the cash we have gotten. The problem is I was going to take the day off to go up there with Zakk to drop off the food. On Dec 16th. I don’t think it really matters that we get on the news or not. What I would like to do is just drop off all the food at a donation center down here in Hollister. If that is OK with everybody. If other people want to go Monday night and try and make it a caravan of K5’S up in the Bay area then fine I’ll go up there. But I really don’t see a reason for me to drive up there to donate the food if I have to go buy myself. What do you guys think????…. Dan

2. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

I would like to go with ya to drop off food but still don't have my dually back together yet. Need to be working on it instead... So my opinion is for you to just drop it off in Hollister.

David
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Hey dan if you need any help Like I said before I can help after work and I too think the hollister food drop would be good..
    Because a hungry person is a hungry person and it dosent matter to me who or where they are from to get the food...

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Dan, if it helps you out in the least I can go to the store and buy all the food from the donations collected since you seem to have to be doing an awful lot. You could paypal it to me, or I can go ahead and just buy it and then on Saturday you could give it to me. I could go buy it tomorrow night. I have to go to the store anyhow to buy some food with the donation I said I'd make matching the paypal... so let me know, it's not out of my way and if it helps you out in the least I will do it. Thanks!

5. gokartergo

Thanks, If you could go buy what ever donations you have gotten that would help.. My wife is going to go do the shopping with the cash that we get..I hate shopping. And she nows what stuff is on sale...Thanks Dan

6. ChevyCaGal

OK... cool. I went out tonight and got stuff with the $100 I threw in. I went to WinCo and bought a ton of stuff. You can't beat 38 cents canned veggies and $1.28 Campbells Soup! I also got Duncan Hines cake mix for likem 88 a box... this place rocks! Anyhow you should have a pretty full truck bed once you leave here. I still gotta go spend the $25 Bill gave me tomorrow night... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. gokartergo

Sounds good.. Zakk collected $255.00 from Pay Pal. And he said some of it was threw the POR board.. So My K5 should be pretty full...LOL /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. ChevyCaGal

Yeah, dude from PBB donated like $50 after I said I'd match up $100 sent threw paypal... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9. blazer88k5

blazer88k5 1/2 ton status

All my friends pitched in and I have a TON of stuff... all packed in boxes..... I have to work on saturday so how are we going to do this....Dan you driving through here anytime soon... or where can i drop this off to??

10. gokartergo

If you leave it on your front porch.. I'll go buy there saturday and picj it up..Thanks Dan

11. ChevyCaGal

Randy is your porch covered and sheltered... with the storm, would leaving it there cause it get wet?

12. blazer88k5

blazer88k5 1/2 ton status

what time you coming buy?? estimate

13. gokartergo

I'll probably hit you first,, So around 8:00 to 8:30...

14. ChevyCaGal

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I will have my revenge on Gokatergo Very soon...LOL

[/ QUOTE ]
    Psst Mike... you spelled Dan's screen wrong in your sig line... [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. gokartergo

Yea I didn't even notice that.. I think deserves a Wanker of the Month nomination... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> A nomination for all of us, since it's been there for like 6 weeks and this is the first anyone even noticed... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

But he did write it, so everyone go nominate Mike. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif</font color>

17. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    A nomination for all of us, since it's been there for like 6 weeks and this is the first anyone even noticed...

But he did write it, so everyone go nominate Mike.

[/ QUOTE ]

I Can feel the love in here now........LOL