Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

? for 73-75ers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tRustyK5, Oct 29, 2000.

1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I just bought the rear rust free half of a 73 Blazer.
    Its going to be the new rear half of my 81 Jimmy. What is with all the factory bolt holes in the floor? There must be 10 factory bolt holes all over the floor. On my 81 there are just 2 factory holes for the seat and a slot for the rear of the seat. Can any of you guys fill me in?
    Before you ask I didn't butcher a perfectly good '73, it was in a real bad wreck and the front is completely toast [​IMG]. Other than that I have never seen a 73 in such amazing condition! (in Canada anyways.)

TIA

Rene

[​IMG]

2. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

I have a 75 and there are 4 holes for the rear seat 1 for the spare tire carrier (right rear) 2 for the rear body bushing bolts, there might even be holes for the rear seat belts, Its been about 3 o4 weeks sence i've looked at it.
    good luck

Bigmeats

Carl...75 Blazer...Manhattan IL

3. cpqtim

cpqtim Registered Member

Rene,

Do you need a hardtop for your backhalf? I have one cheap and in good shape. Also have a softtop still in the package I may entertain selling. Kayline white, brand new. I am in a warmer climate and never got around to installing it. Just put AC on instead.

Tim T.
    TImothy.Thomson@Compaq.com

4. tRustyK5

Thanks but my hard top is currently 'resting' in the back yard [​IMG]. I just installed a Kayline soft top about a month or so ago.

Rene

[​IMG]

5. FWP

FWP CRS

I just got done cleaning the carpet, as I'm workin on getting the interior up to par. Anyhow, I know what you mean about the holes- there are plenty. Just be glad your not working in the front half- I'm puttin in different front seats, and man- holes everywhere [​IMG]. Plus, two of the the bolts were rusted together I had to drill em out

<font color=blue>Maverick</font color=blue> <font color=red>CH 4 or 35</font color=red>

6. tRustyK5

I think mine was owned by Fred Flintstone before me [​IMG], I've taken care of the front half (fun, fun, fun) that why when I ran across this rear half I just jumped on it! I guess I'll just fill the bolt holes I don't need with bolts and grind them flush. I was just curious, thought maybe they were meant for mounting a 50 cal. machine gun or something [​IMG] God knows there are enough of them.[​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]

7. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

8. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

73-75 did not have the fold and tumble seat. It was bolted down and if you needed the space you unbolted it. Then there are a couple of extra bolt holes for the seat belts. Also along the wall in the front area is some holes for the factory roll bar.
    Now onto observation 2. The rear floor and mounting set up is completly different on a 73-77 than a 78-91. The bed of the floor extends to the back of the front seats and there is no rear foot well. The mount location on that is different. Should not be hard to make a bracket to suport it but you will have to do some extra fabrication.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

9. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

On my 90 there are a few of what looks likedrain holes. They have plugs in them that look pretty easy to take out. They are a lot bigger than bolt holes though

90K5

10. tRustyK5

Grim: I cut the body just forward of the 'drop' on the '73 donor, and saved the body mount cross-member. I'll have to modify it or maybe just use it as a pattern for a new mounting cross member. Thanks
    90K5: All the holes I was referring to have threaded nuts on the underside of the body that are re-enforced, and sealed. I'll probably fill all the holes and grind the heads flush, then make some new holes for the fold and tumble seat I have.

Rene

[​IMG]