Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

For all nonmembers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Corey 78K5, Jun 28, 2002.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Just incase some of you never visit the "Garage" Steve is concidering cutting off the forums to nonpaying users except the Test and Garage forums. I would like to see most of you stay with us so pay the fee. Plus it will help the site.

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

yeah it's $25! how hard is that? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Membership is well worth it !!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

How much is he paying you guy's I want in... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I just did this cause there are a few people I like and would like to see them stick around.

6. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Will non-members still be able to read all posts in all forums? I doubt I would have become a member if i couldn't see what was going on in here first. New visitors should be able to at least get a few questions answered so they can see how much info is available here. Maybe there should just be a few other forums available to MEMBERS that registered users can't get to. ??? Tough one here.

7. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    yeah it's $25! how hard is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Careful what you say. It was not a problem for me and the $25 was well worth it from my standpoint, but some people are strapped financially and it could be tough (even for some who constructively contribute to this site). $25 isn't much, but $25 here, $20 there, $30 here adds up to alot fairly quickly. Some are still feeling the impact of 9-11. My father has been without a job since November (fallout of 9/11), my mother went to work fulltime (for benefits) and they are literally watching every dime. I never really thought about it before, but they have to watch their money now and they feel bad about it when people say things like "Its only X dollars".

I'm not flaming/blaming/etc you, just wanted to raise awareness. Yes it would be cool to get everybody to join, but if they can't we should be understanding.

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif

8. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I agree with you Leadfoot. Very good point. Its hard for most people I know these days.

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Your right but I also see Steve Fox as someone who might be watchin' his pennies too.... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

10. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

And if you can afford a computer then coming up with under $2 a month shouldn't be that much of a stretch......

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

And if you can afford a computer then coming up with under $2 a month shouldn't be that much of a stretch......

[/ QUOTE ] I was waitin' for that one ... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

12. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Also, if you can afford a damn Blazer....../forums/images/icons/tongue.gif (need I say more? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif)

Seriously, some of those who "can't afford" the $25 fee could set some gas money back, or even "boycott" driving the truck for a month or so, just so that the $25 fee can be paid.

Afterall, it's a one time deal a year thing. If you can pay your utilities (which are a necessity), you can pay the CK5 fee, which is also a necessity, too! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

13. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

It's not like it's that hard to come up with the cash , I sold a kidney, I thought what the hell I got 2, plus the chicks dig the scar it makes me look tough /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif The poor bastard who got it dosent stand much of a chance that sucker had about 137,000 pee's on it.....SUCKER.... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

14. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Later

15. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif ROTFLMFAO!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

16. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

rotflmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

AhhhHahaha!

Sucker! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

18. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Not quite sure how to respond to this - I've seen mostly "orange" responses so far - not too many
    "blues" - anyway - a lot of us have a life outside CK5. My truck is not "my life" - it's my RV - but I
    realize it IS a life to a lot of people here.

So what's 25 bucks (per year), you ask? Everyone should put a price on the things that are
    important to them and what they value. So - what's this web site/bulletin board/forum worth to
    you? Me? I'm not gonna tell ya what it's worth to me. Let the length of time I've been here answer
    that. I'm not the most knowledgeable or helpful person on here - (hell - I've pissed off a lot of
    people) there are too many here that are helpful that I can't even begin to name them -
    and they are not all "orange" either!!! To those who've helped me by answering a question that
    just happened to be asked by someone else - THANK YOU!

I'm gonna miss a lot of people here.

So lets charge admission to the internet!!

19. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

So lets charge admission to the internet!!

[/ QUOTE ] Somebody already did that and it wasn't steve.... There will still be 2 open forums as far as I know... /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

20. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

The only forums that will be members only are the for sale and a new member forum, the local forums will be read only, other than changes to those two forums and the one new one everything remains the same.