Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

For all that want to do a run during the holdiays, here are the details.

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by therobzilla, Dec 22, 2002.

1. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Here is what we have come up with.

Date: December 27, 28, 29 and maybe the 30.

Who attending: robzilla, FWP, Marv_Springer, Dave Elliott (Ford 1st Gen Bronco Guy), and anyone else that want to attend.

What trails: Defintely Axle Alley, Lower Woodpecker, and anything else, maybe find some new trails.

Other Details: Camping will defintely be the 27, and 28th, and mabye the 29th. FWP and I may camp out on the 29th, depending on weather and such. Might camp at my house on the 27th depending on the time FWP arrives at my house to go.

This trip is a very loose trip. Nothing in real stone other that we want to wheel, if the weather is nasty then we might make day runs and sleep at my house. Everyone is welcome to sleep at my house if needed, and you don't want to camp out. We were even thinking about maybe a day run one of these days or even monday to Table Mesa road??

If the weather is nasty, then we will be sleeping at my house and doing day runs, if not, most likely camping. Nasty weather meaning rain, the cold is not a problem. Dave Elliott will be bringing his motor home if we camp.

If we camp we will be camping in the wash off the main road right where the turnoff is for the Mining road before you get to the entrance to the trail systems. It's the same place we camped in the summer for the run we did where Matt and Keith, Grant, and everyone else met us. It's not a bad spot and it will sheild us from the wind if it's windy.

So let's here who what's to go. If you can't make it for these days, post what days you have available. Maybe we can work something out. Or at lease a day run.

Happy Holiday everyone, and It's been fun wheeling with everyone, I wish each of your family the safest holiday season and the warmest holiday cheer.

Thanks,
    therobzilla

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I am interested in going, but I can't wheel. I can't break my truck. I am leaving for Colorado in 2 weeks. Not to mention I can't really afford parts to fix if I did break. I might drive around some in 4x4 to get used to the front locker, but no real offroading.

So if anyone has a seat I can rent (Will trade seat for beer) I might be up for a day. I am working Friday, and possibly Saturday. So Sunday or Monday would be most likely for me.

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i would loev to Rob. tell all the guys up there i said hello.
    got some issues i have to sort out adound the house. yall have great holidays.
    Grant

4. FWP

FWP CRS

C'mon out Harley, I'll have a seat open....

5. BADRED73-N-AZ

BADRED73-N-AZ Registered Member

I want to come out Saturday morning. What run are you planning, and what time will you be leaving your campsite?

6. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

When and where are you guys starting on Saturday? I have sat. off due to the fact that I have maxed out my hours at work for this pay period. So sat. is the day. I need all details on how to get to the camp and or where the run starts. I have been past the turn off for Florence Junction (you are running Florence on Sat. right?) before on my way to Safford, but I have never been there. So I need detailed instructions on when and where to turn off and where to go after the turnoff.

Harley

7. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

OK,

Things are still up in the air as far as camping, the weather has been somewhat cold here, and commitments to camping out Friday and Saturday night are still sketchy.

PM me and I will give you my phone number. Call me on Friday in the evening around 6:00 and we should know what is going on.

FWP is comming down from up north and still wants to camp, I don't have a problem with that but the a few are still having issues with the cold weather. Don't forget, I have a 7 year old, and it's somewhat tought to keep him warm when it gets cold.

We will see.

Rob

8. FWP

FWP CRS

COLD??? SHEESH.

Let me call the WHAAAAAMBULANCE.... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif