Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

For all the Lathe and Mill guys

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by perp, Jul 7, 2006.

1. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

Not sure if this is old news, but I stumbled across this forum for machinist and it seems pretty informative. It is a nice mix of amature home made stuff and very profesional and HIGH dollar stuff. the people who do post remind me of here alot as they seem to be helpful and patient:waytogo: .It has a whole bunch on CNC and converting manual mills/lathes to CNC, but at the same time it has stuff on straight manaul machines as well as minis (harbor Freight type).

I signed up but have yet to post as i am still looking for that one special mill that is waiting in the dark corner of a shop somewhere (read cheap and in good shape).

anyway, I like it and thought I would share and see what you all think.

www.cnczone.com

shortcut to the forums
    www.cnczone.com/forums/index.php?

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Yeah, I've seen it, but I tend to find "The Home Machinest" (new and a little slow, but great promise), "Home Shop Machinist", and "Practical Machinist" to be the best resources for me. Sorry not much info from me tonight, typing short one finger and hard to type...

3. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

I hope it only took a short vacation and did not leave for good:eek1: :eek1: :eek1:

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Yeah, just a vacation. :D See my other post for details.